• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

simple model edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
hey all,

looking for someone to edit this awesome icetroll worker model by @eubz (who already gave his permission) in the following way -

1. make him constantly have the goldbag animation (it's for a greed themed hero)
2. get rid of the pickaxe and give him some sort of dagger that makes sense with his attack animation or the "giant skeleton warrior"'s sword [I tried doing this with disarm but it ended up super buggy... ]
3. enable attack2 while holding gold (so he will have 2 functioning attack animations while constantly holding the gold)
4. maybe a casting animation if that's not too much work, even something basic
5. dissapation animation
6. hero glow (not really necessary as that's an easy fix in WE)

thanks!

GreedHero.png

Changes:
- All animations include the troll carrying the gold sack.
- Sword/dagger weapon, taken from the Skeleton Warrior model.
- Revised the walk animation, making it look more savage with him running at his foes while lifting his sword.
- Attack 2 was unable to be saved, but I made a new animation for it so that it least has variation on the attack animation.
- Attack 2 features the troll swinging his sword with more force, making it stuck on the ground for a while.
- The model was faulty. Removed a lot of unused bones, helper nodes and geosets.
- Added a brand new Spell animation with him raising his sword upwards.
- Added dissipate animation.

Since the hero glow was optional, I did not add it.

Level 21
I found one small bug with this model - when it's attacking it's pretty much impossible to select directly (by clicking on it). if i try a lot than eventually i can find a spot on the unit that works, but it's really difficult, and this can probably be a big disadvantage in game. this only happens while it's attacking. also I have the model scaled up to 1.75, but on other models enlarging them does not make them hard to select, so I assume this is a problem specific to this model (-or more specifically to the attack animations of the model).

any Idea what could be causing this?

thanks!

I found one small bug with this model - when it's attacking it's pretty much impossible to select directly (by clicking on it). if i try a lot than eventually i can find a spot on the unit that works, but it's really difficult, and this can probably be a big disadvantage in game. this only happens while it's attacking. also I have the model scaled up to 1.75, but on other models enlarging them does not make them hard to select, so I assume this is a problem specific to this model (-or more specifically to the attack animations of the model).

any Idea what could be causing this?

thanks!

Attachments

• IceTroll_GreedHero.mdx
    152.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.