• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Simple model edit request: geoset translation of peon model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
For my entry in the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ontest-9-map-size-limited-251172/index26.html I'm making the ability to pick up and throw peons.

Problem 1
While a peon is being carried by the player, I would like it to appear in the player's hand. Simply adding the peon model as an attachment to hand,left results in the peon being in the wrong place.
I opened it up in magos and translated the vertices a bit, but then when the model animates it all becomes spaghetti.

I need the peon model adjusted to:
- Rotate about Y axis 65 degrees
- Translate X -40
- Translate Z -10

Problem 2
While the peon is thrown as a projectile, I use rotation and pitch adjustments to have it turn about as it flies. With the default model, this looks terrible since the center of rotation is the peon's feet.
When I simply moved the vertices so that the center of mass it at the origin, it again became spaghetti in flight:
135582d1401297066-mini-mapping-contest-9-map-size-limited-problem.jpg

I need another version of the peon model adjusted to:
- Center of mass at the origin

In my research I've come as far as discovering that Oinkerwinkle's "Geoset Translation" tool should do the trick, but the only download I could find (over at wc3c) gives me a malware error.
If someone could point me to a working download for that or point me to a good tutorial instead, that would also be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.