• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model request: Peon Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey guys, I'm making a campaign about an orc peon, who slowly turns into a powerful warrior through the storyline, but for the first half of the game I need to use a peon-like hero model for him - and the original Peon model sucks, so I was thinking if any of you guys could do such a model for me?

The maker will of course be credited, repped, and have the right to upload the ressource to this site, tho I'd like to have my project mentioned in the description in that case.

I made a concept art of his looks, that I'd like to be followed as closely as possible. He needs a few special animations, for some of his spells, like harvest gold, and stuff, but ask me and I'll explain that in details. First I'd like to know if anyone's up for the job? :)
174866-albums3368-picture72520.png

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
As soon as it can: I'm pretty much done with the write-up.

That is, as long as it makes sense; get people to post there and let me know if I made any spelling/grammar/logic errors, or if something needs more explaining.

But yeah, just as soon as we get enough people to "notice" it; 58+ viewers with only 2 posters so far. :< Get the word out!

Level 18
WIP - Heroic Peon

Here's a WIP on the Peon Hero using a Grunt model as the base...
Judging by the concept art, I assume the shirt is black (typical peon shirt), with a light colored pant (I use headhunter pants) and a dark colored boots (had to mix 2 textures to create the same boots design)...
The belt design is similar to the in-game 'old paladin', so I create one with that texture...
Will create a team-colored shoulder pad but found no Horde emblem in-game...
Will also create the pick weapon and a gold sack/bag when the character is done...

I notice the tusk of the character is pointing downward unlike typical orcs... Should I retain that difference...?

Attachments

• HeroicPeon_WIP1.png
    HeroicPeon_WIP1.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 163
Level 18
WIP - Heroic Peon (Finishing)

Here's the second WIP on the Peon Hero...
I added team-colored shoulder plates (using hellscream texture) and a simple pick (using headhunter texture)...
The head is base from in-game grunt with modification for the downward tusk (using peon texture) and the eyes still need some work...
Will later add hero glow for the model before beginning Animation Phase...

BTW, if the model still need to be trimmed down/modify, let me know...

So what to expect for animations?
First off, most animation are from the in-game Grunt model...
I can implement an alternate 'Harvesting' animation base off the Grunt's animations if you need them...
All I need to know is what special animation (spell, alternate, etc) do you require...?

Attachments

• HeroicPeon_WIP2.png
    HeroicPeon_WIP2.png
    763.1 KB · Views: 1,116
Level 19
I like him so far -looks a bit more scary than intended, but I guess it's because of the missing eyes ^^

Hero glow and harvest anims, yes please :)

He also needs a speaking portrait, as I'm using him for a campaign where he's the main character - I provide the voice acting myself for his repliques, trying to sound like a peon, but I only sound funnily dumb, lol, but I decided to just let that be one of his charming personality traits - so yeah, a speaking portrait, where he looks kinda dumb - and he's a nice guy, remember that :b
So far, I'd just like the normal animations, along with an anim for a spell I made called "Focused Strike", where he attacks a little harder than usual, you know, something like the Critical Strike- and Bash-animations, that triggers whenever he use the spell.
He also has a spell called "Peon Rage", but I think I'll simply add a blood lust effect to the hero using WE instead.
The other abilities/animations I haven't made up yet, but can you possibly edit them later on?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.