• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Leak Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I made this simple trigger

• Pick Footman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Random point in Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
My question now is: How do I get rid of the location leak? Destroying the region leads to me not being able to use this region repeatedly (I Hope you understand what I mean) --> If I simply do destroy region, it is gone for later uses, which I want to avoid.

Level 14
I made this simple trigger

• Pick Footman
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 004 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Random point in Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit)) over 0.00 seconds
My question now is: How do I get rid of the location leak? Destroying the region leads to me not being able to use this region repeatedly (I Hope you understand what I mean) --> If I simply do destroy region, it is gone for later uses, which I want to avoid.
The point in the region is not the same thing as the region (they are not even the same kind of handle) and so you can remove the point without removing the region.
however for removing the point handle so you will need to read the tutorial above.

Status
Not open for further replies.