• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Frost Armor Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need a triggered version of Frost armor. Basically it would do all the same things but you can set it to increase armor based on the caster's attributes (strength, agility, intelligence).

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks for any replies :)

Level 39
There are two very different ways this can be done depending on if you want the bonus armor to update constantly as the hero's attributes change over the duration of the spell or for it just to give armor based on stats at time of cast.

Level 2
There are two very different ways this can be done depending on if you want the bonus armor to update constantly as the hero's attributes change over the duration of the spell or for it just to give armor based on stats at time of cast.
I actually figured out the second way myself...how would i do the first way? Because i want it to be just a set duration. So it cant update every time the caster's attributes change or it would affect duration.

Level 39
A periodic timer that checks for all units with the buff and changes the armor given (with some sort of item armor ability) based on if their stats are different from the last time it checked. You'd also have to track which units HAD the buff the previous iteration but don't now to appropriately remove the bonus armor. Changing the amount this way wouldn't affect the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.