• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SilverMoon and Dalaran Fixed

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Lets Make Undead Campaign Great Again!

Dalaran

All we suffer from the empty Dalaran in the Undead 07 mission.
I want to fix it.
I spent 12 hours and did some visual updates with existing in-game doodads and fixed some bugs.

V1.01:
-- Added color changing when Scourge units are under influence of Antonidas Aura (color changed to green in order distinguish it from AnimateDead buff)
-- Added Walls
-- Added buildings
-- Added props
-- Changed Camera Angles in cinematics
-- Added Intro Cameras
-- Added Ground and Flying Pathing Blockers
-- Fixed issue with Attack waves containing undead units
-- Abomination scream in Opening cinematic is fixed
-- Archimages skins are different now

Updated to V1.02:
-- Council Mage skins are more diverged now
-- Added trigger to handle building visibility on the first entrance square

Updated to V1.03:
-- Added more flying blockers
-- Added more props

Updated to V1.04:
-- Siege Golems nerphed to War Golems
-- War Golems nerphed to Battle Golems
-- Andromath is level 10 now
-- Pain Auras Damage doubled
-- Sky fury tower HP doubled
-- Minor terrain cliff fixes (smoothing cliff angles)

Updated to V1.05:
-- Fixed missing sounds
-- Unit spawn script changed (Furbolg changed to troll overlord, and Gryphon rider to Dragonhawk rider)

-- Lipsync is broken

SilverMoon

Fixing Silvermoon was a bit harder. It took a few weekends.
But still it is better then on release.

– Sylvanas death scene moved from gates to forest
– Ice bridge scene modified
– Ice bridge is longer now
– Captains swapped to bloodelf leutenants
– Elven Archmages have different skins
– Thalorien Dawnseeker and Anasterian got full pack of Abilities
– Added Siege Golems for the Final battle
– Add quotes to Anasterian and Thalorien
– Fix Copypasted Trees
– Rescue Trolls and Heretics
– Replaced Waygate
– Extended Final Cinematic
– Added cutscene with Anasterian
– Remapped Silvermoon City. It looks more like a city now.
– Added Doodads and props.
– Chanaged Sylvanas Banshee Scream Ability (icon, sound and art effect)
– Runners are a bit faster now

– Lipsync is Broken
– Sometimes Sylvanas doesnt perform first attack

Thanks to Malefor#0484 for help with initial city reterraining.

Contents

Undead05 (Map)

Undead07 (Map)

Reviews
Shar Dundred
While the changes to the Reforged version are appreciated, they are still too minor to properly approve this resource. Moved to Substandard.
Level 8
I did a quick playthrough today. It was really good as far as I could see. Visually, massive improvement. Loved the variation on the mages.

I had one minor issue. I don't know if it is because there are so many doodads now in the map, but I had a bit of "lag". I don't know really. Just got slow and choppy during some of the cutscenes.

I did a quick playthrough today. It was really good as far as I could see. Visually, massive improvement. Loved the variation on the mages.

I had one minor issue. I don't know if it is because there are so many doodads now in the map, but I had a bit of "lag". I don't know really. Just got slow and choppy during some of the cutscenes.

Yep I also noticed that I even tested it on my friends PC with 8GB video and 32 GB RAM((((
I think I will shrink the camera field in the next update, cuz Blizz did not optimize the Reforged engine well enough to render such amount of polygons on the screen.

Also, there are some fly path blockers to add in the next update.

Level 8
I hope you fix Misconceptions and A Dark Covenant too. Dalaran in those maps was super fucked. I say that because I want to use them for a custom campaign I wanted to work on. (Kind of moot since Reforged deleted custom campaigns.)

My plan so far was just to use the classic versions (they are infinitely better) but with reforged assets. I need to test if that will actually work though.

Great job! *.*
Could you comvert this map on old version?

That would be useless since in the classic WC3 there are no walls and no buildings for dalaran. I just wnated to show how they SHOULD REFORGE Dalaran.
Classic Dalaran is good and must not be touchedm

Last edited:
Level 14
I hope you fix Misconceptions and A Dark Covenant too. Dalaran in those maps was super fucked. I say that because I want to use them for a custom campaign I wanted to work on. (Kind of moot since Reforged deleted custom campaigns.)

My plan so far was just to use the classic versions (they are infinitely better) but with reforged assets. I need to test if that will actually work though.

Ah so im not the only one who noticed how the destroyed misconceptions and for some reason incrased the map size of a dark covenant to include 40% of the map to be empty space to show off their shitty dalaran.

How did you feel about TFT night wlfs. The ruins of dalaran and its monumental downgrade? Id mention sungeons of dalaran but im still in disbelief what they did there. They turned THE BEST campaign into the WORST campaign

Level 8
I just finished playing the Silvermoon mission and DAMN what an improvement!!! I thought you might just add some more buildings to make it feel a little less empty, but felt like an total overhaul, but still seemless, and so much better. Had a couple of minor issues, like the units turning bigger when on the ice bridge, but overall I rate 9/10 and 1000x better than the garbage-fire Blizz version.

Level 2
hi, can you help me to separate the glowing effect of the new sunwell and place in other place just like you did? Also, your map is amazing

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
so umm yeah more "Reforging" ideas for this:

1. unique models for Fordred Aran, Conjuros Rex, Dalar Dawnweaver
2. an Archmage who will attack your base named Drenden with unique model ofc
3. the Kirin Tor captains!!!

and for the next mission:

1. each base having a named character, left side base has Rhonin and Vereesa Windrunner, top right base has Ansirem Runeweaver and Vanndar Stormpike, and right side base has Modera and Aethas Sunreaver, with a lone Archmage in the middle named Ur
2. more usage of campaign Dalaran buildings
3. the Kirin Tor captains!!!