• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Silly Gurl

Status
Not open for further replies.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I was bored so I whipped up a quick terrain.

Silly gurl's dating a kappa creature.

Attachments

• Silly Gurl.png
    Silly Gurl.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 364
Level 34
That background lighting. Dayum Dayum Dayum! It's just so crispity crunch.

Questions:
1. Does that car model produce light as seen? How much of the lighting from the headlights is your work?

2. What are those doodads on either side of the pond? Sewer drainage or spotlights? I can't tell.

3. How do they... ya know... dance? Like can she bend that far down and still dance?

Level 36
Units, always the fucking units... >.>
- No, but really.

The green guy kind of fits, the girl, nah.

And although I love the water, and how you made it with them waves and shit to
portray a real natural feel, don't you think there's a tad too much water on-screen?
Something of which I imagine could be easily fixed by some rocks or brush
or something up front, just to give it a little framework, as it were.

On the subject of rocks, that solitary blizzard rock up left looks a bit weird,
maybe you should move it closer to the others, or add some more at it's base
or something. Lighting is sex, the backdrop is decent, although short-lived,
and those spotlights kind of look out of place. I don't really know why, but
somehow I feel that some shells spread around the pond would fit perfectly
with the otherwise fairytale kind of vibe this terrain's got.

Anyway, have a cigar.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Did you try making them lit? probably far too distracting to what awesome lighting you already have. Maybe a faint glow just emanating from them.
Never actually tried it out, I kinda just pictured it wouldn't work from the get go. I will try and include it in the update.

The green guy kind of fits, the girl, nah.
Really? If I had to get rid of one of them, I would probably say the kappa creature.

And although I love the water, and how you made it with them waves and shit to portray a real natural feel
Glad you noticed. <3

don't you think there's a tad too much water on-screen?
Something of which I imagine could be easily fixed by some rocks or brush
or something up front, just to give it a little framework, as it were.
Somewhat. Yeah. For once I really didn't want to construct a classic framework scene. But sure, I'll include it in the update.

Level 11
:D
I imagine the kappa creature can stretch his limbs out or something. D:

Now what kind of 'gurl' will not date a kappa who can stretch his body parts, eh? Makes me stretch my imagination ;)
( although her pose looks like she is praying to the little guy)

Just <3 love the scene. I always like your attention to detail. Love the way you did the water with all the waves. Like the circulars ones where the characters are standing. How did you do that? is that an aura or some other model? Overall looks fantastic and somewhat surreal. which is awesome.

I agree with Keiji as he pointed out correctly "there's a tad too much water on-screen" and as he said "could be easily fixed by some rocks or brush".

Level 36
Really? If I had to get rid of one of them, I would probably say the kappa creature.

Well, to my eyes it goes like this: The girl is awfully apparent for not fitting the same
overall quality as the surrounding nature and water, and in that way, she just makes
the entire picture drop a couple notches in quality, for me. That's the general problem
I've got with units, not that they're there, but that they're never on par with the
otherwise great terraining. (Yes, that was an awfully non-sneaky compliment.)

Whereas the green guy is kind of obscured, and as thus you can't really make out
whether his model quality is so much on par or not, which makes him fit better.

Glad you noticed. <3

My sexy eye sees all the sexy things.

Somewhat. Yeah. For once I really didn't want to construct a classic framework scene. But sure, I'll include it in the update.

I know, it's become somewhat of a cliché. Maybe you could look into alternative ways
of making it better, you know, being creative or something?

Oh, and PS: Get rid of that awful stretched felsen texture behind the kappa thing.

Level 34
Well, to my eyes it goes like this: The girl is awfully apparent for not fitting the same
overall quality as the surrounding nature and water, and in that way, she just makes
the entire picture drop a couple notches in quality, for me. That's the general problem
I've got with units, not that they're there, but that they're never on par with the
otherwise great terraining. (Yes, that was an awfully non-sneaky compliment.)
I simply disagree. I think the girl's model is up to, probably better than (but obviously bigger and less obscured), the rest of the doodads. The creature's cloak actually looks really really good, but his skin is overly smooth and looks unnatural. But, for the sake of the story, I didn't mention that I actually don't like his model.

Level 17
Very neat, I'd also say there is a bit too much water but the composition makes it ok.
If anything I'd probably shift the van a bit more to the left so the highlights on the water start at around Aerith's feet. splitting the image in more even halves.

Also lol, very peculiar character selection it was coincidental I assume ?
It makes funny implication given who the characters are.

Status
Not open for further replies.