• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

-sigh- Model Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok; umm. I got the Dark Saber model from a person, imported it and stuff.

There was only two files though..BLP and MDX.

So i just removed the wc3edit/ stuff and all that, and i replaced it.. and stuff.

Except my model is invisible in the game.

This is what i did:
1. Went and imported the folder files.
2. Got two files. One named HeroBlackSaber.blp/ Image/Texture/ war3mapimported HeroBlackSaber.blp. The other was HeroBlackSaber.mdx/Model/War3mapimported HeroBlacksaber.blp.
3. Clicked use Custom Path. Removed War3mapimported/ from both of them.
4. Replaced it on Demon Hunter.
5. IT WAS INVISIBLE!!! :eek:

Somebody help me t.T

(Cant post screenshots. Dunno how. T.T)

Level 32
-sigh- As always, simply use Warcraft III Viewer to determine a model's required texture path(s).
Unknown Skin Path
Two methods exist for finding unknown skin paths.
  • Use Warcraft III Viewer. Open Warcreft III Viewer and then a model with an unknown skin. Select Current File > Show Used Texture Names.
  • Use an MPQ extractor. Click Open and locate your Warcraft MPQ files (in the warcraft directory). Search through them all to find the model that should use your skin. Right-Click the model and press Extract.
    Then open up the model in notepad and see if you can find something like Textures/Somename.blp, there might be more than one of them but see if you can find a clue there.

Level 2
Lol, ok thanks. I appreciate all the help.

Read a tutorial and all your supposed to do is remove the wc3map thingy and then your done.

But that wasn't on the website. -shrug-

Anyways, thanks! Alot. Making a map takes more time than i thought.
because im a bit lazy..:sad:

Its not hard; its just lots and lots of time and boredom put into the map. Unless you can stand four hours of staring at the computer totally doing nothing.

Editing: Deleted last edits. Anyways; I check the MDX file and this is what it says:

The loaded model needs these textures:
ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp
Textures\Flame4.blp
Textures\Flare.blp
abilities\Weapons\AvengerMissile\Ghost1Mod.blp
Textures\ShockwaveWater1Black.blp

Uh, but theres only two files t.T

Level 32
Some skin files are in-game textures (a .blp file included within the war3.mpq archive). Such files need not be imported or pathed.

For the model you are working with try:
  • Importing the model; leave the path: war3mapImported\HeroBlackSaber.mdx
  • Importing the skin; try the path: Textures\HeroBlackSaber.blp
Note: The Demon Hunter is a "morphed model" and is very difficult to modify, see World Editor FAQ

If you can attach the model itself to this thread I might be able to help more. Use the vBulletin attachment tool:

Level 2
Ive Had Same Problems

:infl_thumbs_up:Just in case you might have been confused by uh the Wolverabide dude cause i know i was. Well most if not all Star Wars models have their Textures in a seperate folder which means in the world editor you have to make the path from War3imported\Dark_Saber.blp to Textures\Dark_Saber.blp unfortunatly if you have a large amount of star warz things in your map or just models that have textures in a texture folder like me, it will be a time-consuming task because it gets reaaaaaal boring changing them to their appropriate path. I hope i helped in any way and have you checked out the star destroyer model with the warpspeed animation and the awesome death anim if you dont and you want it i could give you the reference :infl_thumbs_up:
Also another thing you know where it says textures besides the one you have in folder those textures usually are in the warcrafts main directory (as in the .mpq files)

Last edited:
Level 2
Confused by the last post. Too long to read.

t.T

Wolverabid's post was fine and i tried Textures\HeroDarkSaber. allready.
The only thing left to do is that war3map bablalballa\herodarksaber.

The attachment is right below.

Attachments

• HeroBlackSaber.blp
    68.4 KB · Views: 96
  • HeroBlackSaber.mdx
    80 KB · Views: 82
Level 32
That certainly explain a lot. The model looks like one of Black_Stan's projects that someone must have pirated, edited and uploaded to another site. Lesson learned: download only form our Hive (or 3c) you never know what you're getting if you grab stuff from pirates.

At any rate, I reedited the model. (Sorry Black_Stan, if you had your stuff hosted here, we wouldn't have to deal with these kinds of problems pretty much every day.)

MiniKirby98: try this
  1. Delete the existing .mdx from your map using the Import Manager.
  2. Import the model I have attached here.
  3. Change the texture path back to: war3mapImported\HeroBlackSaber.blp
    (I changed the path.)
You should get this result:

BlackSaber.jpg

After you grab the model, I'll remove it from this thread.

Remember: if you use the model in a map you release publicly, give credit to Black_Stan.

[off-topic] ~ Thread moved from WEHZ to Modeling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.