• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege of Legends ( Alpha )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys!
So I'm working on this new thingy that I wanted to make for a really long time, and wanted to get some early feedback, just from the snap.

Map type is a PvP Siege, with play-style very similar to idea of Castle Fight, but with very heavy robust changes. It hosts a selection of races, centered more on the fantasy world than on Warcraft lore (For an example, there's Dark Elves (Night Elves), but they're not related in any way with Forces of Nature (Forest Creeps) or Moonkin (Ghostly creatures of the night, moon and stars)).

Two teams face off in a war where they have to decide which units they want to fight with, which upgrades work better in your team, and what special structure's effects you want. You control a "City", which consists of 7 creature spawning buildings, 6 special buildings, 1 main structure, one tower of magic, and one hero.

Here's an example of how the town from Forces of Nature race looks like:
full
And here's a preview of the town from Bone Legion race:
full

A list of what each structure actually does, over here:
The uppest row are creature spawning buildings - from tier 1 to tier 7 (left to right). Each race has different creatures and visual scheme of the structures. You do not have to train creatures in tier order - you can skip tiers per desire - but stronger tiers cost more to unlock and upgrade. Generally, most people skip only one unwanted tier of creature.

Lowest row are "Special" buildings: each race has different buildings who do absolutely different things. Devils' specials are more offensive, casting infernal spells and summoning more demons; while Humans recieve buffing shrines, ressurection stones and healing temples.

The unit in the middle is your Main building, let's call it Castle, for short. In it, you can order the use of "Dying Breath", a one time rescue strike per player per game. I've yet to figure out what this will do apart from last strike and being a visual thingy.
To the left of it is the "Magic Tower". Each race has a tower that can be unlocked and upgraded up to level 5. When you unlock a level, you can chose which spell will be cast ocasionally. Each level of magic tower unlocks new options to pick from. Out of three, you can select only one spell you want per level. These can not be later changed.
To the right, is the Hero. Your hero passively generates XP as enemies die. Once it levels up, you can chose to increase one of the following: Attack, Armor and Spellpower. Attack will increase attack damage of all your creatures by 20. Armor will increase their hit points by 100 per level. Spellpower will increase effects of damaging or healing spells creatures cast by 15% per level.

And for final showcase for now, list of base creatures for the Forces of Nature race:
full
full
full

full
full
full

full

So, whadayya think of it so far? =) Am I going in the right direction?

Last edited:
Level 20
Looks noice, always been fond of Castle fight.

Those tooltips are informative indeed, only thing that I would've changed is the color of your units' names after "Upgrades to:" in order to be a bit more visible and emphasized (for instance, using the same color for Trixie and Winxie as you did for Pixie).

I hope special/magic buildings won't be as gamebreaking as they are in CF, because that's a bit of a bummer to me (ah artillery spam...)

Level 8
Here's some news on the project.
I've done the very basics of the terrain, and I think I'll stop at that until the first playable version. Momentarily I'm finishing up the first two races (Forces of Nature and Bone Legion), and then I'll do triggers and the first map testing should be out, with some luck.

@BotLoot , how's this for a change? Tried to be as efficient as possible this time (do keep in mind that this is a tier 6 creature, last before last one, so it's bound to have more than one spell).
full

@Chaosium , Since every player has access to the magic tower, and since you can always chose which spells you need at the moment, special buildings are more orientated towards the race itself. For example, Bone Legion is a race that excels in flooding the opponent, so their specials add a chance for creatures to return after death, they can spawn additional skeletons and ghosts from dead enemies, they have poison shrines to fight with, etc... Forces of Nature are a defensive race, so their specials rotate around healing, protection and durability.

full

full

full
To do list:
-Finish designing creatures and their abilities
-Finish town buildings
-Trigger the first basics for alpha version

In future, I'll very likely work super fast to get the map stable as soon as possible. That will likely mean one or two new races per update, and heavy-duty changes.

Thanks for support =)

Last edited:
Level 6
ColourWolfe
Hi, you are right about the tooltips, your tooltips are indeed very nicely executed.
If I might recommend an improvement: make the blue color of tooltips a little more blue, (towards bright blue or cyan).
Make the green texts a little more bright too.
Also make T6 or T6+ texts colored a little too. I would recommend a dark yellow. (not the most widely used yellow as it is too bright.)

edit: talking about the new tooltips here, I would keep the old ones I think they are better.

edit3: the old ones are better but I would color the attack / defense text as in the new tooltips and remove abilities text (so its like new tooltip). ok, end of edits!

About terrain: If I may say something. The tiles (floor) looks not so good. (from screenshots, in game with lighting it is maybe a lot nicer?) So I would change ONE of the tiles (either the grass or the pavement).

Also: the actual map terrain, I think you will improve it over time. As I would probably prefer just basic Castle Fight 1 simple road with simple grass and simple trees style terrain right now over this one. (As i said it might look a lot nicer in game.)

Also to note: some people prefer 1 lanes Castle Fight maps over 2 lanes maps.

Your spell ideas sounds very interesting from tooltips.

edit: changed text size

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.