• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shurai Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShuraiArena.jpg

Shurai Arena 1.0
Hossomi-Sama and Nocturne presents a new arena to the world of Warcraft III!

Introduction

The map
As you might notice on the picture, the "Arena" comes before "Shurai". That's because the map is in Portuguese right now, but the English version will be quickly and easily done after the first one is finished. Of course we prefer to do it in our native language first, as Nocturne and I are Brazilians.

This arena will not be only the basic "choose a hero and kill the others". Special events will happen, team strategies will have to be created, and the right heroes must be chosen in order to win the fight and the duels.

Beware of the creeps -- they aren't so ordinary like in some arenas I know. Dying to creeps won't be so embarrassing, at least to some of them. Therefore, don't forget to forget the heroes to survive to the strongest, which may be someone else in instead of a player.

The Beginning

Sorry, to be implemented!
All the heroes must be done before define the whole story!

Inside the Arena

The Players
Two teams of 6 each. Solo game available with some special events like a coliseum in instead of duels. Have a nice day!

The Heroes
The arena already contains four heroes. Some of them has some revolutionary spells (not THAT much, but they are new), and others are done of simple but well combined triggered spells.
You can buy your stats whenever you level up, gaining 9 points to distribute. It's the simple way of giving lumber to the player.
Also, there will be items and item combos. Be sure to check the tricky items that can lead you to failure!!

When its duel time, the two best-killers will confront hand to hand. So take a breath and raise your sword (or staff, or hand, or bow, or summon your creatures)!

The Creeps
There will be two forces of creeps - the emperor's army and the rebels. However, both of them are your enemy. And they are enemy of each other! In the middle of the arena, the confront takes place. Be there and you will fight.
The creeps also will have their heroes, stronger than the players' ones. Beware!

Features

+ 14 Heroes of many varieties, maintaining a balance between the three primary attributes. As we don't like Intelligence heroes, it's likely to lack one of them xD
+ Solo playing events like a coliseum in instead of duels. We will think about other events...
+ Heroes duel every five minutes of the game, by default. It will be adjustable by the hoster (first player in order).
+ Two teams of a large variety of creeps that can bother both teams and fight each other.
+ A good quantity of items to help and trick the heroes.
+ Special events during the game. No one knows what will happen in the next 10 minutes (but you know what MAY happen, if you have already played the map).
+ A dumb Paladin that shakes his hammer during the duel! xD

Screenshots

Terraining
Not a wonderful one but I find it pretty nice. Terraining by me!
This is the middle, where the creeps fight themselves.
ShuraiArena1.jpg
This is the entrance to the heroes' bases.
ShuraiArena3.jpg
This is where the duel takes place.
ShuraiArena2.jpg

His throne is a bit large for him, isn't it? xD

Credits

Hossomi-Sama and Nocturne want to say "Hey thank you!" to:
Daelin - I learned JASS with this... *missing tooltip* person sent from the sky o_O
General Frank - We are using some models you made =D
PurplePoot - He spent some days of his life helping me with Handle Vars... Thanks PurplePoot! My hero is based on that spell you helped me to make!

Soon, Shurai Arena will be available for download in Portuguese! Brazilians, keep your eyes on the news!
The others, be a little more patient and before you blink, you'll get your version!

Hossomi-Sama & Nocturne

Last edited:
You dont need to use a cliff to make the paladin float.
Do you have heard of Invisible Plataforms?
it is much more eficient than this cliff (His feet is not appearing)

And that big wall looks weird

Theres some date of release?

I didn't use the cliff, he's flyer. But I liked the Invisible Platforms idea =D
(How could I miss that?!)

Off topic: É bom saber que tem outro brasileiro aqui =D
Igualmente =D
E os brasileiros que freqüentam fóruns não são medíocres como os meus amigos ¬¬

Status
Not open for further replies.