• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
On my map there are 3 teams. And each team has 4 players, 1 comp and 3 human. I need to know how to make it so all the human players can buy items from the computer's shops, but I tried once, and everyone from any team could buy from the shop, I just want players from that team to be able to shop from there.

To the second part, I need to figure out how to hire mercenaries, but not just one at a time. I want like a choice in the shop for "Mercenaries" and then when you click it, 5 or so mercenaries spawn just outside the shop.

And thirdly, I'm having the shops be upgradable. I also want to have a warning system everytime a team loses an outpost, which are where these shops are. But I have a thing where when an outpost is destroyed, any team may set up a new base there. How do I make it so whenever an outpost, be it new or from the start, is destroyed that it keeps telling people it was destroyed and not just the first time. If I'm making sense? Also, I tried a method, but would run into problems when someone upgrade's their outpost base, 'cause then it'll say the base was destroyed, if anyone catches how I did that.

Level 22
1) Make the shop from a player first, and give it all the abilities that those shops of each race has (like the magic vault)

2) Event: unit is trained (or bought or whatever)
Action: create ... units of type (last trained unit) at position of last trained unit

3) I dont get it :?

Level 4
Did I not explain well, 'cause I could try to be more in depth with the explanation. Or do you know what I'm saying, just don't know how to either.

Level 4
I've come up with this trigger when I buy a unit from the shop:

Events
Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Black Spider
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
Unit - Create 2 Black Spider for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 2 Spitting Spider for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

But when I purchase the unit, the game seems to freeze. Anyone know what's wrong with this trigger? To me it seems perfect...but I guess not. Any thoughts?[/b]

Level 4
Wow, I realize now that that trigger loops, and keeps making spiders, so that's why it freezes. Bleh. Well what I want to do is be able to choose to hire mercenaries from a base and then it doesn't give the group of mercenaries to you, it gives it to your computer ally. If you see that's what I tried to do. But now I find this trigger won't do at all, any help please?

Level 4
Your loop problem is that you make the units and they appear on the map, so it makes infinite units and crashes the game.. I'm pretty sure you could do it by having the purchasing of the original unit as an event.

Level 6
Not quite sure what kind of event buying a unit is considered, but you may want to try substituting generic unit events such as "A unit finishes training" or "A unit sells a unit" for "A unit enters playable map area".

If you still haven't figured out how to make the shops only be usable by allies, what you could try is going into the abilities, finding the "Select Hero" or "Select Unit" abilities and setting the targets allowed to friends only.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Dude ffs.... READ YOUR OWN TRIGGER! If a Black Spider steps on the map, 2 more spiders are created. Then when a spider spawns, two more spawn again.

1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024.... and the map would have crashed by now. It's actually perfect, perfect for crashing games.

The event Xander- just refered is A unit sells a unit I believe.

And I'm growing tired of your spam on my section. If you keep spamming I'll warn you. End of story.

Level 6
it doexs turn the trigger back on, but that i not a problem:

e.g.

a spider is bought -> your trigger is active and starts
you turn the trigger off
you spawn a spider -> nothing happens(the trigger is off)
you reactivate the trigger

now, the next time a spider is bought it will trigger again - once

Status
Not open for further replies.