• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Little Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
For my map, I would like to have a garage that can sell upgrades to the whole team, but is owned by one player. Also if one player buys upgrades it doesn't give them to everyone. Because right now I have to make a seperate building for each player and this is ugly.

Is this possible?

I would also like for you to have to take your unit up to the garage (similar to a shop) before you can buy from it? And how would I make it so that an item is unusable without a certain upgrade (I tried Techtree - Requirements in ojbect editor but it doesnt do anything).

Thank you!

Level 8
For your structure, I'd make it just like a shop, only make a sold item that represents your upgrade. When it's sold, set the level of your upgrade for each player on the team via a simple trigger.

For your item problem, there really isn't an efficient system for making items require something. Best, probably, to make a dummy item that doesn't do anything. When you get the upgrade, swap the dummy for the actual item.

Level 2
Ive never done triggers before, its so complicated. Do you think you could help me with it? Thanks for you help!

BTW I'm scratching the second idea (upgrade req for item use) because then I would have to build a shop for each person too I think? Since some may have the upgrade and some may not. So I could not have dummys for some and the real item for others.

Level 2
So I have the event Unit (my selected unit) finishes an upgrade. The action is to give my unit the upgrade item (a tome right now). But how to I make it so that I choose which upgrade gives which Item? Some sort of condition I guess? but I can't figure it out!

Level 16
Events
A unit acquires an item
Conditions
Boolean Comparison-Selling unit is an ally of triggering unit equal to true
Item Type Comparison- Item being manipulated equal to upgrade tome
Actions
Player: Set research level: Set (Upgrade) to Level of (Upgrade)+1 of ((Owner of Triggering unit) to allies of (Owner of Triggering unit)

The action for the upgrade setting is a bit complicated, but once you get sued to triggers you will see how easy they are

Level 2
1 small thing about "A unit" aquires an item. How do I make it so that a unit which has not been spawned yet work?

Status
Not open for further replies.