• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shop with some categories (like in Warlock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i'm trying to create an item shop like in Warlock 080.w3x
There you have got some categories with items in each category. So its possible to make a shop sell more than 12 items without any problems.
Unfortunately i'm unable to find out, how i can do that. Could anyone of you tell me please, what i have to do?
thanks in advance
Vex

Level 2
probably its done like that in this map but i need one shop for 8 players so i think this wouldnt work
is it possible to place several shop on the same position?

Level 18
yeah would a good way to use spellbooks instead.. maybe he changed control of this "shop" to players, so that they are able to use spells.. here: spellbooks.. and triggers each spell used and adds items for them.. could be a good way to make it.. but it would also cause a lot of trigger work and to make it usable for all players..
Hmm when it's possible give control for this shop to all players then, or at least players within the range of the shop..
else you could make several shops with the items of categories.. so maybe theplayer gets teleported to that shop if he presses one of the categories in the first shop.. or something like that (would save the trigger work for the spellbook system)

Level 2
if i would do this with spellbooks i had to create many many triggers and it would cause a lot of work during later balancings such as pricebalancing. i think i will create a mainshop and some sideshops as you said and create triggers which automatically select the sideshops if one category is chosen.

Level 3
if i would do this with spellbooks i had to create many many triggers and it would cause a lot of work during later balancings such as pricebalancing. i think i will create a mainshop and some sideshops as you said and create triggers which automatically select the sideshops if one category is chosen.

This is the way its done in most maps, takes the least triggering. Go for it.

Level 2
I did it and now it works, but i've got a short question: Is it possible to place several shops at the same position? or at lest very close to each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.