• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shop sharing issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a shop basically acts like 'Arcane Vault'

Has abilities 'Shop Selling' and 'Shop Sharing'

The items are made not sold. Because I need some of them to have requirements to purchase.

The only issue I'm having right now is that anyone including allied units can purchase these shop items. I need to make it so that only the player that built the shop can purchase these items. How would I do this?

It doesn't matter if allies can see the shops contents or not, just need only the owner to be able to purchase. Thanks.

Level 12
I don't know of any way to do it so allies can't buy from a shop, but what you could do is have the "real" shop's content be empty or unpurchasable. Then whenever the owner of the shop clicks it you select another unit with the actual items.

So while technically they could still buy from this other shop as well, they'll never be able to click on it or select it, so they can't buy anything.

p.s. a tip is to make the 'dummy' shop still use the shop's model but with a very small size (iirc you can hold down shift and set the scale to 0.10), that way the player will still see the animated portrait.

Level 12
@Rugarus If you use the above solution with dummy abilities instead of items, a tip is to use the "charge gold & lumber" ability. (You can set gold/lumber cost and you don't have to use different abilities, you can just change the order id instead, like with the "Channel" ability.)

You'd also have to do some more workarounds if the item has a stock higher than 1.

Level 12
Ah yeah that's not the solution I was looking for, I've already read that thread before I made this. Was hoping for a similar solution. I think I'll just set the item cooldowns to instant, and destroy+refund the items bought if not by the owner. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.