• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shieldslam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
This is probably not a bug, but I find it quite annoying when I cast for example shield slam, and the target backs up, attacks someone else for like 1-3 hits and then goes back to me. Right now It's not THAT much of a bother, but, it could also create wipes.

This is probably not a bug, but I find it quite annoying when I cast for example shield slam, and the target backs up, attacks someone else for like 1-3 hits and then goes back to me. Right now It's not THAT much of a bother, but, it could also create wipes.
Are you sure this was not ordinary mob behaviour or you didnt lose aggro? This shouldn't happen, really.

Level 5
This happens even if I have aggro on a mob and shieldslams it. It attacks the closest target (After the shieldslam is complete) and then 1-3 hits after it goes back to me.

This happens even if I have aggro on a mob and shieldslams it. It attacks the closest target (After the shieldslam is complete) and then 1-3 hits after it goes back to me.
Did you block the mob or ensnared it or something else? I never noticed something like that.
It may be possible the mob attacks someone else once, because the attack order is only issued once every 0,5 seconds, but it shouldnt attack more than once this way.

Level 5
Let's just... Fix a example here : If I do andy, and get shieldslammed, my autoattacks all of a sudden switch to a zombie, (not alyways) It's not like It's a big problem when happening on me, but the same thing happens on mobs, it feels like shield slam gives an order to attack closest unit afterwards.

Level 4
i experienced something similar:

attacking ogre just by myself, hitting hateful and then shieldslam. if done really fast, the mob after knockback goes away from me for like 1 second, then turns back to me or turns back to me if i attack it right after shieldslam

This is because shield slam cancels all orders on the target (i.e. to interupt spells). I could make it that the slammed target gets an immediate order to attack the first in threat again. But for players being shieldslammed, I can not do anything about it as I can not track which unit was being attacked before easily. simply attack-click again after being slammed as you do it with every spell afterwards.

Level 5
Well, I'd just order the target unit of abillity being cast to attack the caster when using shield slam, I know, there'd be a problem if you don't attack the caster, but most of the times you hit the caster since you apparently have aggro. 50%+ of the cases you're probably attacking the caster.

Well, I'd just order the target unit of abillity being cast to attack the caster when using shield slam, I know, there'd be a problem if you don't attack the caster, but most of the times you hit the caster since you apparently have aggro. 50%+ of the cases you're probably attacking the caster.
Can't you read? I was talking about *players*, not npcs. For NPCs this is no problem.

Level 5
No need for insults, I could probably have been more clear, but, I know that "For NPCs this is no problem." I was talking about players. I'm not reporting this because I can't play without it being fixed, but more to help you guys, so you don't have to go test 24/7.

Level 3
There is similar problem for assasins too. If i use bladefurry on andy then my character automatically attacks zombie. But i got used to mass clicking on andy when i'm doing him.

There is similar problem for assasins too. If i use bladefurry on andy then my character automatically attacks zombie. But i got used to mass clicking on andy when i'm doing him.
Because after every spell, the unit has no order and auto engages. This goes for every spell and is something you should be able to deal with. I agree that it sucks for andy, but it shouldnt be a problem to manually click it - you can set up an order queue after all. You'd do that in ordinary wc3 bnet games too.

Level 5
Well, thing is, that's not annoying, because I usually always rightclick after I'm done with my spellcasting. The thing that annoys me is that if he shieldslams me I attack a random target. You could easily fix this by storing the caster unit and make target unit of abillity attack him right after it...

Level 4
Well actually kinda this shield slam makes a confuse effect o_O Lets take it as that and dont bother Z for it. Just for the andy fight it really doesnt matter that much its just 1 hit cmon bishop can heal this wound with a one click on mend and on dmged hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.