• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shield Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So I was looking to create a shield ability a while back, but I found that Warcrafts standard Damage Taken Event, is rather useless. So I downloaded Bribes fantastic Damage Detection Engine and Unit Indexer system. And I have already made a functioning trigger with it.

However, I am clueless as to how to use it for a shield system? I suppose it would be something like blocking incoming damage as long as it stays beneath an preset integer value or something. Please assist guys.

Im not good at understanding other peoples systems.

Level 6
I think you misunderstood (I wasn't being very clear, so that seems quite fair) I wanted to create a shield with an amount. Ex. The shields value is 200, and it is placed on a unit. Now, the next 200 damage dealt to that target will be ignored.

EDIT: Amazingly, I was able to create a functioning trigger by myself. Was simpler than expected. But thx for the replies anyway guys. Just give a call if you want me to post the trigger.

Last edited:
Level 10
Hey I had the same idea for my next map and it works perfectly. When a unit has the shield it gives a Real depending on the level for example 100 that stands for the LP of the shield.

I also use Bribes damage system

You have to use the DamageModifierEvent

Can someone explain how I can post Triggers? When i can show you how i did it.

Level 6
You have to go into advanced text. Here you will find alot of difrent options, suchs as Text Alignment, bold, kursive and underlining so on... But to your question: you can find "Trigger" tags. (This has the icon of a clockwork, like in world editor)

Now once you click this, you will see something like this: Two
  • tags pop up. Anything placed in these will be written as a trigger.
  • Now to take the trigger from your map, you have to go and find in the trigger editor, and select your trigger. Once there, you must right click the top icon(Before events, the one which says the trigger name) and select "Copy as text"
  • You can now paste it into the area between the two [TRIGGER] tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.