• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sharpshooter Hill

The hill in the middle is realy strategic place for your long-range units. Build there defence before your enemy does!

Small space for expansion was the main idea and with lack of resources it make game more dinamical.

-----------------------------------UPDATED-----------------------------------------

-> increased lumber sourcesin base by 1500 units (whitout removing building room)

-> hills with laboratories are remaked (more space, only 2 creeps camps)

-> creeps camps (especially murlocs) with theirs drops are completly remaked

-> terrain is now more variable

Keywords:
melee, 4, simple, hard, small
Contents

Sharpshooter Hill (Map)

Reviews
20:58, 4th Aug 2009, by Rui(#5): I'd call "Sharpshooter Hill" a little rookie experiment with potential to become a great melee map. Approved with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

M

20:58, 4th Aug 2009, by Rui(#5):
I'd call "Sharpshooter Hill" a little rookie experiment with potential to become a great melee map. Approved with 2/5 (Lacking) rating.

Level 7
Handycombinders Review of Sharpshooter Hill:

[+] You have a proper map description, type and category.

[+] The map was symmetrical, so no problem with the balance.

[/] The terrain wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. Somewhere you placed too many props, while others you didn't at all.

[-] The murloc loot was inbalance, and by placing more creeps out there, it just seemed out of place.

Fix some of the terrain and get rid of the murloc place, then it will be very good. Right now i say 3/5 (Usefull) and vote for approval

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Sharpshooter Hill" (melee map by Valmont)

This map is slightly interesting. It reminds you of "Friends" (a ladder map) in the aspect that players are very close to each other. On Valmont's "Sharpshooter Hill", however, ALL of the players are close -- both your allies and your enemies.The landscape is agreeable on that matter. What I can not congratulate is the lack of elevation and ground texture variation. I do not remember seeing a lot, if any.Worthy of note is also the hill on which a Goblin Laboratory is placed, which is very tight. Perhaps expanding it a little would be a good idea?
I have nothing to report about the neutral buildings. For what I could see, every player had equal access to a Goblin Laboratory and the central Tavern. This is the kind of map where the absense of a Goblin Merchant is unimportant.
The worst about "Sharpshooter Hill" are definitely the creeps' drops, and that is a point of relevance.To begin, I should mention that the majority of the creeps are well chosen and placed, except for these Murlocs which look like a swarm. This is probably the author's intention, but they ruin the painting. It's simply not how creep camps are supposed to be.As for the drops, there are quite a few mistakes. I can mention that three lvl2 trolls (one of them a Shadow Priest) drop a lvl1 permanent, while three lvl3 Gnolls (two Brutes and a Warden, if I'm not wrong) drop a lvl1 powerup. The drops of the other creep spots did not please me either, especially that of the Murlocs.
Another problem with this map is that there are too few trees. I would suggest covering the players' base a little (and, attention, without removing building room).
This type of map, with a decent landscape as its plus and the bad drops as its cons, pops up a lot. This little lumber lacuna, however, weights heavily upon my decision.My rating's going to be 2/5 (Lacking). I'll leave the map Approved for other people to test. Depending on their votes, the map will either remain approved or be rejected.
Thank you for using The Hive Workshop!

Level 2
-----------------------------------UPDATED-----------------------------------------

-> increased lumber sourcesin base by 1500 units (whitout removing building room)

-> hills with laboratories are remaked (more space, only 2 creeps camps)

-> creeps camps (especially murlocs) with theirs drops are completly remaked

-> terrain is now more variable