• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Sharing to teammate not possible since 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,

I am trying to fix a share bug in the DotA map which occurs in all versions since patch 1.29 (which introduced 24 players support). As you might know DotA is a 5vs5 moba game. For some reason it isn't possible anymore to share control via F11 to player brown (player 11).
When a player presses F11 and checks the share button nothing happens i.e. the brown player can't control the units of his ally. If that ally presses F11 again there is also no checkmark set ... as if he never clicked on it.

I wrote a function that when a player types -shareall all his teammates get share, which also works fine for player brown:

call SetPlayerAlliance(GetTriggerPlayer(),Ve,ConvertAllianceType(6),true) // Ve = teammates

(Remarkably if a player triggered this function and he presses F11 he can see that the checkmark is set for player brown but if he tries to uncheck it doesn't work either)

However I don't like this solution and I'd prefer the classic F11 way. Does anyone have an idea why this is broken since 1.29 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.