• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Sharing Control and sending resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I play a custom map on Warcraft - the map its self is written entirely in Csharp. The issue atm is that the "New" coloured players slots added with reforged (peanut, maroon, dark green etc) are unable to share control with there allies nor can they send or receive resources (the amount send is removed from sending player but received by the target player).

Couple things ,
Is anyone else aware of this/ having a similar issue?
Does anyone have an easy fix for this? As using f11 in game is a lot easier

and lastly it would be very much appreciated if someone could give me a bit of code that did this via commands ("-share " & " "-give red 500" )

Anymore info needed just let me know and also many thanks in advance

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
There's going to be a trigger that has a Chat Event for each Player. It should be fairly easy to just copy and paste one of these existing Events and change it to use the desired Player(s). Or find that specific code and post it here so we can add the changes needed. Or just post all of the code, whatever is easiest.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your problem. I thought the map had a chat system already but it wasn't setup for Players 13+.

What you described sounds like a Reforged bug although I don't think others are experiencing it. It's probably due to the map being older and using some kind of technique that doesn't play nice with the newer patches.

Anyway, here's a system for sharing gold/lumber:
There's probably 10 more of these on Hive if this one doesn't work.

Here's a trigger that will share your units with your allies:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -share as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of (Triggering player) units with his/her allies
Copy and paste the Event for each Player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.