• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Shared Unit Control: AI Causing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm currently working on a singleplayer scenario in which the human player is in control of two bases: a Night Elf base and a Human base in separate areas of the map. The Night Elf player (Player 1) is set as "Controller: User" in the Player Properties menu. The Human base (Player 2) is set as "Controller: Computer". The two players are both in Force 1, set as Allies, Shared Vision, Shared Adv. Unit Control.

When I test the map, I find that if I train a Peasant at Player 2's starting base, with the rally point set to a tree, he does not actually go to the trees. In fact, he goes to the gold mine regardless of where the rally point actually is. I'm fairly sure this is the barebones default AI which also handles target acquisition, automatically sending Peasants to the nearest gold mine.

I have already tried setting Player 2 as Neutral instead, to prevent this. While it did solve this problem, it also prevented Player 2 from auto-attacking enemy units, and prevented the enemy auto-attacking Player 2's units.

If you have a potential solution, please consider that I want the two player-controlled bases to maintain separate resource stockpiles, so making them both belong to Player 1 might not be a viable solution.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for keeping this wonderful community alive! :)

Level 3
OK, I posted without having tried one of the more obvious fixes: I've set Player 2 to also be controlled by "User", and it works flawlessly. Problem solved. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.