• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shaman's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Good day, dear listeners.

I have the map, Shaman's Journey. As usual, I have become tired to complete it: a lot of annoying small details which I have to fix makes me upset. And my idea-generator has stopped.

Map location
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/208166/

Screenshots
XXpBA-hRUcc.jpg
8VJrhDx8pNs.jpg

Basic info
Suggested players: 1-2 (cooperative)
Type: RPG
Tileset: Ashenvale
Size: 128x128 (doesn't filled fully)
Progress: alpha release

About what this map
This map shows you an adventure of two brother shamans, Daro and Turo. What exatcly they have to do and why - no answer. I only know they must learn spells and improves their mastery of sorcery to defeat their enemies and reach their goal.

Features
  • Heroes has a negative mana regenaration. They will lost 1% of their mana per second. So if you have a mana - use it quickly! Heroes has the channel ability which will increases mana regen (7% per second in the beggining). So before you run into the battle you have to prepare first.
  • Each spell can be cast without enough mana but nothing will happens. BUT each spell assumes additional mana and makes the effect bigger. For example, if you casts Heal (require 20mp) with 20mp - you'll gain 40hp. But if you casts it with 40mp - you'll gain 80hp. Each spell has a limit how much additional mana it can use.
  • Pets. You can get your own pet and, more, a lot of pets! Just use "Charm" spell to an enemy you liked. Charm takes a time to make enemy your ally, and this system is a bit difficult (but I liked it). If you want to charm somebody, you should break their mental barrier (Charm Difficulty, equals to [Unit Level]*100) by your magic (Charm Power, depends how much mana you have spent to the spell). Each second Charm Power accumulates and when total Charm Power becomes higher then Charm Difficulty, the target betrays his allies and goes to your direct control (intensivity of life-drain lighting will show you the progress). You have a limit how much "pets" you can have - thier summary level must be lower then [Level of the Charm]*3 (3/6/9). And you can't use Charm on units with a big level: 1+[Level of Charm]*2 (3/5/7). Attenstion: you dont getting experience for charmed creatures.
  • Heroes can(have to) choose a profession. Nothing special. Hero gains two additional skills.
  • If you die - there is nothing terrible. After the couple second the spirit of your chaman will releases. There is two ways how you can revive your hero. First one (usually for single player) - use spirit's "Materialize" ability on the Spirit Chamber in the Town. Second one (other player needed) - use this ability on the meditatin shaman and you will revive right here (not tested).

What I have planned to do in the future
  • New spells, different by types - Common, Rare, Epic and Unique. Common spells can be upgraded in the town up to 2nd level (the last one, 3rd, you have to lurk). Rare - you can learn only first level in the town. Epic - you only can to lurks them. Unique spells is unupgradable.
  • Multyple options how to solve the quest by using Charm. For example, you have a quest to ask somebody do something. But he doesn't want to do it. So you have to return with "He said NO". Or you can Charm him and force the quest solving! Or you have a quest "Angry monster attacks our farms". You can kill this monster, you can make a protection for farms. Or you can just Charm the monster! And obtain a good pet.
  • Town changing depends on heroes actions. If you save some trader (or Charm neutral one), he will go to the Town and will build own shop. Or something else. For example, some sacrifice pit where you can get a skill-like spell of your pet (pet will die).
Just play the map
and send me the replays please. They will inspire me to complete the map. Suggestions are wellcome :)

PS
I hope my english isn't a problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.