• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shaman.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my second scin, after my sugar ghoul failed, i decided to frehand something like lots of people said. It's basicaly me messing around with the brush tool on the shaman and tada we get a shaman with the coat of a rare golden wolf.

Keywords:
Gold, Shaman, Wolf, Unit, Golden, orc
Contents

Golden Shaman (Texture)

Reviews
10:24, 28th Sep 2008 Hawkwing: [Rejected] As you know by now this is a recolour.

M

10:24, 28th Sep 2008
Hawkwing:
[Rejected]
As you know by now this is a recolour.

Level 34
BAD
[-] I see no freehanding here
[-] You just made a bad recolor (again) on this one
[-] It doesn't really look much like gold

NEUTRAL
[=] Parts you blurred seem really unnecessary

RESULT
0/5 - legorlan, I'm not being a bad guy or a jerk, I just want to lead you to right direction... just recoloring isn't enough! These will be the tutorials you are gonna need to study THWSkinTuts and WC3CSkinTuts but these one will be the most important, study those first: Anti-Noobism Texturing, Making Hair, Making Face, Skinning Realistic Armor, Easy Skinning: Metal and Hair/Fur easy way ( but also see this one How to make Cloths) With these tutorials, maybe one day you become a real expert and awesome skinner... but just recoloring, you will be noob skinner for the rest of your life :( ... You should listen to my advice, learn from the tutorials and I'll be good. Remember, I'm not trying to make you feel bad with this rate, just trying to help you improve your skills

FINAL RATE
1/5 - Unacceptable

Level 13
It's also important to post why this isn't freehand. Freehand goes beyond not using filters and blurs. It's far more than just using a tool to change the color of something.

It's adding your own dents, bumps, curves and fur lines into something. If you really want to freehand, definently read those tuts.

Believe it or not, the textures usually look like crap when you first start them and even half way through.

I created a dragon bracer for the troll berserker. It was my first try at texturing, and took two hours or so, but was 95% freehand. (Dragon was screenshotted in Magos, face was cut out, pasted, filtered) I'll show you how it started and how it ended. I used a lot of the basic things like dodge, burn, smudge, and whatnot because I was using an old tutorial. Take a look to get an idea of what freehand really is.

Attachments

• DragonBracerBegin.png
    DragonBracerBegin.png
    6 KB · Views: 75
  • BraceletEnd.PNG
    BraceletEnd.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 66