• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

shadowmeld 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there in any form or format(triggers included[nt jass]) that a unit can use shadowmeld(not windwalk its meant to be stay and ambush) 24/7 around the clock in the game?

Level 6
out-of-the-box, no.

you can make it yourself - base it on invisibility potion ability (item temporary invisibility)
then make a trigger that detects point orders, target orders, using items picking items and in that trigger you just remove invisibility buff (make a new buff) from that unit. not very difficult.

Level 1
you don't make it sound so easy :D. Have to read it 5 times over to understand it though thnx for the info greatly appreciated.

Level 24
I believe that in addition to permanent invisibility, the dranei units have a shadowmeld ability to keep them from attacking.

Level 3
you could set the game time to 24:00 (midnight) and then turn off the day/night cycle. (all done in triggers) This leaves it at midnight all game. That's about as close as you'll get without doing permanent invisibility, which makes u invisible even while walking. Here's how to do what I was saying:
triggeragain.jpg

Hope that helps!

Level 1
well what i did was what chrome suggested, i made it perpetual night since it was an easy way i found while screwing with some triggers.

Level 3
edge[d1];349690 said:
...or he can do the thing properly with item temporary invisibility and two triggers (or even one) that will remove the buff on any order issued...

it can be easily done so there is no need for partial solutions.
srry man, I had no idea u would get so angry over a suggestion lol. it sounds to me like you're thinking, "God this guy's a total retard," and you're all like OR he can do it the RIGHT WAY instead of YOUR STUPID WAY.I thought the game would be cooler if it took place in nighttime anyway. so excuuuuuuse me

Level 5
Here's a way to use it at day. Use a wind walk based skill, but set a trig so when a hero uses the skill, they stop. Then set another so that if the unit moves, the wind walk based buff is removed after 1 second, meaning the unit has 1 second to hit a unit with backstab damage. That's how they made Templar Assassin's skill in DoTA, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. Of course, if I'm wrong, that means this is rightfully my creation, and you'll have to give me credit. (Or not. But I'd appreciate an increase in reputation.)

Level 6
srry man, I had no idea u would get so angry over a suggestion lol. it sounds to me like you're thinking, "God this guy's a total retard," and you're all like OR he can do it the RIGHT WAY instead of YOUR STUPID WAY.I thought the game would be cooler if it took place in nighttime anyway. so excuuuuuuse me

i don't think i sounded like that. i surely don't have a problem with any alternative sugestion after mine. even if it isn't better, it could be more suitable to the thread starter. but now that you brought this up, i do find the words "That's about as close as you'll get without doing permanent invisibility" badly chosen. they may imply that i was just guessing that something could be done... never mind...

Level 5
edge has a point there. Anyway, back to the chase, and help this guy with shadowmeld? I don't think this thread is for arguing...

Level 5
Anyway, I still think my suggestion is the closest you'll get to 24/7 shadowmelding. Unless anyone's got something else in mind. Everyone here's open to suggestions, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.