• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Is there a way to desactivate shadowmeld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I guess he wants the unit/hero to have Shadowmeld that doesn't get active by standing still, unless the player wants it to. You can do that, but without triggering, it's impossible. Just add two abilities. If he clicks on the Active Shadowmeld, you give the hero the Shadowmeld. If he wants to deactive, there will be a Deactive Shadowmeld, which will remove the ability.

Level 8
I guess he wants the unit/hero to have Shadowmeld that doesn't get active by standing still, unless the player wants it to. You can do that, but without triggering, it's impossible. Just add two abilities. If he clicks on the Active Shadowmeld, you give the hero the Shadowmeld. If he wants to deactive, there will be a Deactive Shadowmeld, which will remove the ability.

Ya that would work alright, although he doesn't want to use triggers for some reason. I guess I just don't understand why you would want to have a shadowmeld ability that can be turned off. It seems to me that being invisible would always be an advantage...

Level 9
morph is most simple for such cases...
but i really dont see whay you would ever switch it off...

Level 8
OK guys. First of all I have so many triggers in my map. Exactly 303 so far. For me triggering is a last minute resort, especially for spell that can be edited in anyway.

My concern is simply, I am applying shadowmeld on Illidan, I having it always on gets annoying because the model is so fade that he almost disappears for the owner of the unit. His wings almost disappear.

I admit this question is more of a fantasy then a : O my god my map won't work if I can't find a solution. :eek:)

Thanks guys. Oh thanks Rui by the way for understanding me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.