• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow Forest

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Legal_Ease
My custom map from Project Warcraft IV

User who uploaded this Presents

Shadow Forest
Created by DeuceGorgon

Map Info:

Melee Map for four players,

6 Golds Mines
2 Camps

Screenshot:

Map.jpg

Created by DeuceGorgon -Warcraft IV-

Keywords:
Shadow, Forest
Contents

Shadow Forest (Map)

Reviews
07:21, 12th Aug 2013 Orcnet: Remixer's review
Level 5
Well here is my review:

Review of 'Shadow Forest'

Review By
Theoden[KoMe]

Good Things

-Map is symetric and nice looking
-Good mixture with the tilesets
-Balanced well enought if i may say

Bad Things

-Too small map for 4 players.
-No green camps?=no early creeping
-No neutrals exept of the tavern which i think is useless
-The only doodads i saw was rocks and trees.And some mushrooms with a couple of logs.Nothing to make the map interesting cause of empty space
-Anyway this needs too much work and a remake with bigger scale will be even better

Suggestions?

-Burn the map and remake it with 96x96 scale.Map atm is too small and has nothing.Honestly it needs more work
-Creeps.Add green camps.At least 6.
-A goblin merchant or laboratory?
-More variaty with doodads please.
-some ingame screens cause the one you have doesnt sais much

Finall Rate
-Units 2/5
-Terrian 1/5
-Doodads 2/5
-General 2/5

Grand Total : 1.75/5------->rejection

Nothing more to say.

Level 13
tfdg

Well here is my review:

Review of 'Shadow Forest'

Review By
Theoden[KoMe]

Good Things

-Map is symetric and nice looking
-Good mixture with the tilesets
-Balanced well enought if i may say

Bad Things

-Too small map for 4 players.
-No green camps?=no early creeping
-No neutrals exept of the tavern which i think is useless
-The only doodads i saw was rocks and trees.And some mushrooms with a couple of logs.Nothing to make the map interesting cause of empty space
-Anyway this needs too much work and a remake with bigger scale will be even better

Suggestions?

-Burn the map and remake it with 96x96 scale.Map atm is too small and has nothing.Honestly it needs more work
-Creeps.Add green camps.At least 6.
-A goblin merchant or laboratory?
-More variaty with doodads please.
-some ingame screens cause the one you have doesnt sais much

Finall Rate
-Units 2/5
-Terrian 1/5
-Doodads 2/5
-General 2/5

Grand Total : 1.75/5------->rejection

Nothing more to say.

I want make something challenge :DD 4 players ,small place :D good war i can add more things :D but i want small map :D

It would work as a 1v1 if the goldmines on the sides were goblin somethings. It would still be small and a bit boring. But hey, it looks nice. I think you have some skillz but this just isn't going to cut it.

Also, Theoden, the screenshot he has is the most useful actually. More is always better (you know I always push for more screenies) but the full-map is probably the best for reviewers and visitors to know if they want to download it. I don't think its really that bad, but it might not be up to snuff. Don't seem so offended that someone posted a less than perfect map. I know some other people who have done this too. Also, its still at 0 downloads. I would have to play it to be sure that its too small, though my guess is that you are right.

Also, its not nice to vote for rejection. I never do this. Its just as easy to say "needs improvement" which means the same thing but hearing the word rejection makes people get pissed and it turns into a mess.

+rep for your work on this map good luck!

Level 13
It would work as a 1v1 if the goldmines on the sides were goblin somethings. It would still be small and a bit boring. But hey, it looks nice. I think you have some skillz but this just isn't going to cut it.

Also, Theoden, the screenshot he has is the most useful actually. More is always better (you know I always push for more screenies) but the full-map is probably the best for reviewers and visitors to know if they want to download it. I don't think its really that bad, but it might not be up to snuff. Don't seem so offended that someone posted a less than perfect map. I know some other people who have done this too. Also, its still at 0 downloads. I would have to play it to be sure that its too small, though my guess is that you are right.

Also, its not nice to vote for rejection. I never do this. Its just as easy to say "needs improvement" which means the same thing but hearing the word rejection makes people get pissed and it turns into a mess.

+rep for your work on this map good luck!

Yea my skills for creating custom maps is small because i work on mod :D

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Remixer's Review
Terrain
Terrain is poor, the objects you have placed are very random for exept rocks and mushrooms. The other ones are just way too rare (I do not mean that increase the amount). They just stand there alone and they hits at your eyes as one of them just pops up. (Craters. Mushrooms Blue, Barrels... Lilybads are badly placed, you've spammed them way too much too close each other and ingame they will stack eachother and you can see the graphic layers bouncing like crazy. Fix it. Even though you would fix the terrain outfit the lay out is way too simple. It gives no strategic points and it's way too basic for a match of game. The terrain is just poorly done and the map overall is too small for 2v2. I suggest you to make it 1v1 and change the terrain layout. The terrain is also very flat, you have not used Raise/Lower tool at all.

Creeps
Creeps are very lacking also. There is not enough camps for players, only one creep camp per side and even that is guarding a gold mine. And it does not help that they do not give any drops. The camps are also very randomly done, they are too random. (I am now talking about the base creeps if you do not play fullhouse.) Seriously, why you've placed "Randoms" it is just too random if you do not place them correctly. There was 5 units in the creep camp and none of them were same type of creep and all of them were facing in different angle. You must fix these problems. Also, check the "Camp" field on the extention gold mine creeps. Currently they attack you as they see you, it is not good.

Generally
Generally the map is lacking. Also one guestion; why you have made it Altered Melee, there is nothing custom and only thing that keeps it from Blizzard's rating Melee map is that you have unchecked "Partially visible masked areas" which is very odd in such map I think. I could understand that if the map is large and not symmethric that you would like to uncheck that but this maps lay out is just too simple that it does not give the map nothing new or special. This map is still melee, not altered melee. Set correct category to your map. Generally the map is very booring to play because of the lacking terrain and very poor layout. Even creeping does not give any poinst to this map since there is not thing called Creeping in this map.

Rating:
Terrain: 1/5
Comment: Terrain needs major fixing, the layout is too simple and it gives no motivation to play nor tactical points.

Creeps: 0/5
Comment: Creeps are also very lacking: There is not enough of them, they do not give item drops, there are not neutral buildings and the currently existing creep camps are also very lacking. You need to improve the creeps a lot.

Generally: 1/5
Comment: Generally if you make the terrain more interesting and place for example Goblin Merchant to a new area (Cut off some trees) and make a creep camps you can get this map approved even with almost the same lay out it currently has.

Rating:2/15 (Unacceptable)

Note:
DeuceGorgon said:
I want make something challenge :DD 4 players ,small place :D good war i can add more things :D but i want small map :D
It is possible to make acceptable map for four players using this map size, you just seem to lack the skill to use the space exteremely well. You should train your skills first and make easier maps.