• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SF War v1.5 AI 1.3d

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

SF Wars v1.5 AI 1.3d

by Silver Dust (usd99)

Map info

Items
-Dagger Blink
-Magic Immune
-Invisible
-Silence AoE
-Swap
-Refresher
-Mana Maze
-Berserk
-Armlet
-Orb of Slow
-Dust of Appearance
-Wards

Special Kill Sound
-First Blood
-Double Kill
-Triple Kill
-Mega Kill
-Monster Kill
-Humiliation

Players VS
-1v1
-2v2
-3v3
-4v4
-5v5

Base
-Bot

Changelog

v1.5 part 2
-Change colors of teams by red and blue
-Change skills to default
-Fixed wind walk
-Add trick cast
-Improve AI
-Remove game lagger
v1.5
-Fixed Combo Kills
-Advance the AI+1
-Remove Lagger
-Change Terrain
-Add Kills Goal
-Icrease Combo duration into 8 seconds
v1.4
-Fixed Refresher Item
-Add Combo Kill Sound
v1.3
-Add Runes
-Design the place well
-Add new items
-Fixed ability tool tip like dota's tool tip
v1.2
-Icrease Base Regen, Improved AI, Add Item "Magic Immune", Reduce raze damage, Add
death report and still no ending
v1.1
-Add Kill report
v1.0
-Upload in Epicwar

Credits

-BlazerKraze - BTNShadowFiend Pack
-Bribe - Unit Indexer

Be the greatest SF user.

241353-albums8236-picture101137.png

241353-albums8236-picture101136.png

241353-albums8236-picture101135.png

[youtube=click]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS3Wdqb9Tc
[/youtube]

Keywords:
Dota,SF Wars,Shadow Fiend,Wars,Endless
Contents

SF War v1.5 AI 1.3d (Map)

Reviews
The map has become glitched after the protection. The file doesn't show in the game (which means your map cannot be opened/played) and your description seems glitched as well. For these reasons, the map must be rejected sadly. 13:58, 17th Jun 2015...

M

The map has become glitched after the protection. The file doesn't show in the game (which means your map cannot be opened/played) and your description seems glitched as well. For these reasons, the map must be rejected sadly.

13:58, 17th Jun 2015
Shadow Fury: Map set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5. Check my review.
EDIT: Rating raised to 3/5 but still I won't approve this yet because AI needs serious improvements.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Review SF War v1.2 AI 1.3

Terrain

The terrain of SF War v1.2 AI 1.3 is not very advanced, but simple and effective.
You could add one or another flower, maybe some rocks to improve its overall look.

Gameplay

The gameplay was interesting and enjoyable. Your concept of the 'Raze' ability is very interesting.
'Raze' is a non-target ability that, when casted, damages a point in a certain range. Learning the ability offers you three different ranges, so the player has to guess what distance is between an enemy and him to cast the right range.

A point that was not enjoyable is the total lack of informative tooltips. While race offers at least a damage and range description the other ones lack total a description of what they do. What does 'Necromastery' does ? It only says 'Limit: 20', but I cannot see that it affects anything.
usd99, adding tooltips greatly improves your map and is necessary to get this map approved. Players should be able to read what an ability does, even if it is only a short information.

The creep groups seem random in race, you could think about adding uniform groups, like only trolls instead of a mix of trolls, ogres and murlocs.

Result

SF War v1.2 AI 1.3 ( you doubled version number, by the way (?)) is a very simple, but interesting hero arena map. usd99, I suggest you to continue developing this map and add more content to give it some taste. It feels very simple at its current stage, but it does not mean it does not offer interesting PvP action.

I vote for Awaiting Update / Needs Fix.

By the way, what is with the creator, you are not the creator of this map ? Please explain.
Also, maybe change the screenshots, they are outdated, aren't they.

Level 23
Hi, though Ardenian already reviewed it. I would like to say my opinions too.

TERRAIN:
Well, the terrain was decent but the thing is the way you decorate your map is "boring" the same doodads you see in many parts of the terrain. Tiles variation is good though and over all I think you need to put more variation of environmental doodads such as rocks, flowers and etc. The regenerating area could be improve it looks a bit small and AI's sometimes are trap when they retreat and I can free hit them, you could widen the entrance to avoid this.

GAMEPLAY:
The gameplay was interesting at first but later on it is repetitive and boring. The items on the shop were so expensive like 300 and 450 gold and the gold earnings is so poor and it makes hard to buy items that can be useful. You could make it somewhere like 150 or 200 and such or you could increase the gold earnings. Also try to add more variety of useful items to the shops and maybe some upgrades or some sort. The abilities were the same as DotA since it was taken from it. The AI was fun to play with and well made but they really like to take the middle path for some reason. Maybe make them "wander" a bit throughout the map eh? To increase the enjoyment of hunting them down. Hehe. The neutral creeps places were kinda strange some neutral camps are on the middle of the roads maybe you could place them on edges or corners but not a big deal anyway but it is much better. I like the fonts BTW! :)

OVERALL:
I think the map can still be greatly improve both on terrain and gameplay. Add more usable items, new features to spice out the map. For now I think it is not on a approvable state. I vote for Needs Fix and score of 3/5. Have a nice day and happy mapping. :D

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Thanks, I'll update it ASAP, bout the terrain,, mmmhh yeah it boring, ill add some decore and the entrance, I suffer that too got blocked, they sucking block the way lol, Ill change it then add more items

You can easily remove the 'block' by setting the pathing of a doodad to nothing.
Maybe check out some basic terrain tutorials here at Hive.

Level 21
TERRAIN

The terrain was quite mediocre. While the tiles you used were manipulated pretty efficiently, there were no signs of Dirt and Rough Dirt. It is almost never a good idea not to use all the tiles available because more variation usually implicates a better terrain. Talking about the doodads, they were not used badly as well. A little concern is using river rushes and cattails around the trees. These doodads are not supposed to be used in forests (hence the name *river* rushes; cattails are wetland plants) thus they do not seem to blend very well with trees. I'd recommend using shrubs instead because they are suitable for forests and do not create any contrast with the green colour of trees. Since this could sound a bit like a monochromatic scenery, I'd suggest adding flowers as well to add some vivid colours. Lastly, I noticed that the terrain is too flat. When using cliffs especially, it is a good idea to create raisings and lowerings because not only do they provide advantageous/disadvantageous points to plan strategies and tactics but also improve the aspect of your terrain.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay consists in controlling the famous DotA character Shadow Fiend [Nevermore] to fight other Shadow Fiends with the same four skills of the original DotA hero. It is quite challenging since you need to master the 3 Razes to kill others yet this could get quite repetitive. Razing the whole game isn't something particularly enjoyable for a long period. In addition, in the very beginning, it is difficult to kill someone. Raze doesn't seem to deal a lot of damage to other heroes so I'd like to recommend lowering the initial HP for a more thrilling gameplay. However, the presence of four useful items spiced up the game. I have a word about them though. Their cooldown is far too low. When I bought the dagger, I could just rush in, kill someone with critical HP and escape, all that in a few seconds, too few seconds... Same goes for the other items. If someone manages to get them all, he becomes nearly immortal. Additionally, the lack of consumable items like potions, scrolls and such was really dreadful. I strongly recommend implementing them (minimum 5 I suggest). About the AI, it is not so smart. They tend to focus on going to the centre of the map, fighting a bit, chasing and stupidly going to the enemy base to continue fighting. It happened a lot of times that I had critical HP and I passed beside the whole enemy team but they totally ignored me. Your AI needs improvements and more intelligence. Currently, one can fool it easily.

OTHER ISSUES

Here is a list of some additional issues with their solutions (you may find optional ones though). First of all, the creeps and the AI. I noticed the Mud Golem, a magic immune creep which does not get damaged by Raze. However, the AI doesn't seem to understand that and still Razes them for no reason when all other creeps are dead. That could be a disadvantage because if they get ambushed, they need to Raze the enemy immediately, not wait the cooldown. The next issue is that your game is totally not noob-friendly or instructive. Just as the game loads, you find your hero in front of you and the AI already walking away. Confusing, really confusing. If someone doesn't know DotA and who's Nevermore or even doesn't know what's an Arena gameplay type (we should consider all possible circumstances), how can he know what he's supposed to do? Typing an introductory message, where you include what to do, any mode you can set and a brief outline of the gameplay, would be much better. Furthermore, I also noticed that the game never ends. In one of the games I played, I used cheats and scored over 170 kills but still it didn't end... Do I have to type something to set the kills for victory? I don't know because it wasn't written neither in a message nor in the Quest Log.

OVERALL RESULT

Eventually, the map requires several improvements and much more work to reach an approvable state. As for now, this is set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5.

Level 14
TERRAIN

The terrain was quite mediocre. While the tiles you used were manipulated pretty efficiently, there were no signs of Dirt and Rough Dirt. It is almost never a good idea not to use all the tiles available because more variation usually implicates a better terrain. Talking about the doodads, they were not used badly as well. A little concern is using river rushes and cattails around the trees. These doodads are not supposed to be used in forests (hence the name *river* rushes; cattails are wetland plants) thus they do not seem to blend very well with trees. I'd recommend using shrubs instead because they are suitable for forests and do not create any contrast with the green colour of trees. Since this could sound a bit like a monochromatic scenery, I'd suggest adding flowers as well to add some vivid colours. Lastly, I noticed that the terrain is too flat. When using cliffs especially, it is a good idea to create raisings and lowerings because not only do they provide advantageous/disadvantageous points to plan strategies and tactics but also improve the aspect of your terrain.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay consists in controlling the famous DotA character Shadow Fiend [Nevermore] to fight other Shadow Fiends with the same four skills of the original DotA hero. It is quite challenging since you need to master the 3 Razes to kill others yet this could get quite repetitive. Razing the whole game isn't something particularly enjoyable for a long period. In addition, in the very beginning, it is difficult to kill someone. Raze doesn't seem to deal a lot of damage to other heroes so I'd like to recommend lowering the initial HP for a more thrilling gameplay. However, the presence of four useful items spiced up the game. I have a word about them though. Their cooldown is far too low. When I bought the dagger, I could just rush in, kill someone with critical HP and escape, all that in a few seconds, too few seconds... Same goes for the other items. If someone manages to get them all, he becomes nearly immortal. Additionally, the lack of consumable items like potions, scrolls and such was really dreadful. I strongly recommend implementing them (minimum 5 I suggest). About the AI, it is not so smart. They tend to focus on going to the centre of the map, fighting a bit, chasing and stupidly going to the enemy base to continue fighting. It happened a lot of times that I had critical HP and I passed beside the whole enemy team but they totally ignored me. Your AI needs improvements and more intelligence. Currently, one can fool it easily.

OTHER ISSUES

Here is a list of some additional issues with their solutions (you may find optional ones though). First of all, the creeps and the AI. I noticed the Mud Golem, a magic immune creep which does not get damaged by Raze. However, the AI doesn't seem to understand that and still Razes them for no reason when all other creeps are dead. That could be a disadvantage because if they get ambushed, they need to Raze the enemy immediately, not wait the cooldown. The next issue is that your game is totally not noob-friendly or instructive. Just as the game loads, you find your hero in front of you and the AI already walking away. Confusing, really confusing. If someone doesn't know DotA and who's Nevermore or even doesn't know what's an Arena gameplay type (we should consider all possible circumstances), how can he know what he's supposed to do? Typing an introductory message, where you include what to do, any mode you can set and a brief outline of the gameplay, would be much better. Furthermore, I also noticed that the game never ends. In one of the games I played, I used cheats and scored over 170 kills but still it didn't end... Do I have to type something to set the kills for victory? I don't know because it wasn't written neither in a message nor in the Quest Log.

OVERALL RESULT

Eventually, the map requires several improvements and much more work to reach an approvable state. As for now, this is set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5.
You really play my game cause you know how fool my ai hahahaha, they still razing that golem although it never takes a damage from raze

Level 21
You really play my game cause you know how fool my ai hahahaha, they still razing that golem although it never takes a damage from raze

The job of a moderator/map reviewer is to test the AI's intelligence and if it's foolproof or not. By the way, after the updates, the map has really changed a lot. New better terrain, more items (but still no consumables sadly), HP decreased and classical streak sounds implemented. However, the AI didn't improve a lot still. You should order the AI to attack the nearest enemy SF which has the lowest HP of all. To be concise, the AI should be more aggressive. I have to admit I am quite noob with Nevermore in DotA but somehow in this map I managed to get a lot of kills and no deaths in a few minutes (along with some Double Kills), proving that the AI is not very smart. My rating is raised to 3/5 but the map still remains as needs fix.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I myself don't think that consumables are a necessars thing for approval. A lot of maps do not feature consumables to increase the tension factor.
You keep weakening an enemy and then he just uses a potion and fully heals. If usd99 does not add consumables, I myself do not see a problem with it :)

Level 21
I myself don't think that consumables are a necessars thing for approval. A lot of maps do not feature consumables to increase the tension factor.
You keep weakening an enemy and then he just uses a potion and fully heals. If usd99 does not add consumables, I myself do not see a problem with it :)

In fact, that's not the reason why I did not approve this. The main reason is the poor AI.
Consumable items should not be instant-healing ones. Salves and clarity potions are examples of good consumables that could be implemented.

Level 22
TERRAIN

The terrain was okay for me, the trees and cliffs were strategically placed and open a lot of possibilities to blink Raze and escape. I find the doodads and effects (rune effect) enough.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay is enjoyable to someone (like me) that plays Shadow Fiend a lot. I find the Raze's Cast Point and Range the same as Dota 2 which is a good thing so that players can use your map as a practice. However, the gameplay does not offer a lot of varieties that may hinder players from playing your map again after playing a few times, thus its repetitive. Each gameplay is always the same, though the items may offer different gamestyle each time the map is played, but the variety of each game is still not enough.

In Necromastery, there should be a way (like in Multiboard or typing) to know how many souls you currently have.

MISCELLANEOUS and AI

I like the custom font and custom icons (though the Presence of Dark Lord Buff uses the old icon). The Loading Screen however is just the default and should be changed to something better that should also display info about the map, game modes, etc.

The AI does not look intelligent to me. Every battle, the same thing happens, you exchange normal damage and raze with the AI and when the AI reaches a certain HP, it will go to its base. I just advance to their destination and I kill them everytime.

The items in the shop is expensive, and why does killing a Hero gives no gold. In my first game, I didn't go for neutral creeps, I just go and kill every SF I found and level gapped all of them (I'm level 10 and they are 3 to 4) but still I'm the only one without dagger.
So basically in my next game, I could just farm neutrals in the first half of the game and when I have enough powerful items, I will dominate them in the late game.

Furthermore, the AI all has the same item build. They go for dagger which is an overpowered item. Seriously, Dagger = Sure escape, it does not get disabled like in Dota (I'm not saying copy everything in Dota, I just think it should also get disabled because it is OP).