• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Severeal skins on one model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I made a model on gmax. I used objects and textures from the game.
Now, I have exported it and I even did some MDL editing so the texture was used.

However, I could only figure out how to make ONE texture work by adding "(MyRandomTexture1).blp" in 'Image'. This texture then applied to the entire model, not just the part I wanted it to work on.

What do I do in the MDL code so the unit also uses the other two textures I want for it?

If anyone could give me the detailled tutorial which deals with that I would be glad I have been looking for something like that

Level 13
thanks, I checked out the Tutorial and I'm going to take a look at WC3 campaigns.

I tried to use what I learned in that tutorial, but I have no real results.

I fear it's mostly about getting severeal differend textured versions of one unit in the same map.

My model is a building and in the MDL I can only find one texture path for it, even though there should be severeal for the different parts of the model which are supposed to use different skins (and yes I selected all parts of the model in gmax when making the code). I tried to edit the MDL by adding new texture paths (you know, Texture 3 Bitmap { etc...) but I doesn't work with what I've tried until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.