• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Several Questions about my New Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I didn't want to spam the threads often so:

I got a few questions regarding my upcoming project: "WC3: Firefight".

1.) How do you make a passive aura on all enemies? Like on a tower defense, how do people create a passive aura on all enemies for difficulty scaling?

2.) What is the script for making it so all enemies (5 different colors) must die before a new wave arrives?

3.) How do you set restrictions on units on certain levels? Like on my map you can't build melee units but you can build bowmen or riflemen.

That should be it, for now. My map development thread will be up 10/31/2009. Happy Halloween! (please, help me out, someone...)

Level 7
1-Passive Aura? Like an aura that does nothing or an aura that is always active as in a normal aura?

2-If I think I understand what your saying you want all the monsters to die before you move on to the next wave?

3-Restrictions as in can't build that unit until a certain point?

Level 3
1-Passive Aura? Like an aura that does nothing or an aura that is always active as in a normal aura?

2-If I think I understand what your saying you want all the monsters to die before you move on to the next wave?

3-Restrictions as in can't build that unit until a certain point?

1. Something similar to that. Only active with difficulty change.

2. Your right.

3. That's right.

+rep.

Level 7
2- You could have this
-Event
A unit dies
-Conditions
Dieing unit is owned by player neutral hostile (something like this)
Dieing unit is in (region)
Number of units in (region) owned by neutral hostile less than or equal to 1 (just incase equal to 0 doesnt work)
-Actions
(Run trigger or Turn on trigger whatever to get to the next wave

3- Under Scenerio go to techtree properties click on use custom techtree check box in upper left and then click on the boxes for the units you want to be unaviableable

EDIT: lol i put actions under number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.