• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Setting Upgrades Back to Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Right Now I have a system I wanted to make that made a certian unit Completly customizable in terms of stats and certian Passive abilities.
However......
I didn't want them to become All Powerful so I decided to set all of their abilities to maximum 4 and gave them only 10 wood to play around with (1 wood per upgrade)

But now I need to make sure they can Set the Upgrades back to Zero
Which For some reason, I'm having trouble with

Just need sum help here

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WC3 does not support downgrading (unresearching) upgrades. This is hardcoded into the warcraft 3 engine and no combination of triggers lets you do this. Anyone saying it is possiable is lieing.

You can however add and remove item abilities that could emulate upgrades freely instead.

Level 12
Attack Range would be impossible. However for HP and other attributes you can use the item ABILITIES, that is, abilities that does not show its icon in the interface. Instead of making upgrades, make these abilities.

Ill just make people able to buy up to nine different units
Up and down would be Hp <-> Attack Range
Left to right would be Sze (Small Medium or Large)

Then make spells to upgrade attack and defenses. (Since I don't really want this to be as much a factor)

Thnx guys, you saved me a lot of time

Status
Not open for further replies.