• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Setting gold bounty as a variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
In my game, every time the enemy kills a building it will give them gold. I need my multiboard to display how much gold each opposing player has given via building destruction.

I'm guessing with a trigger something like.

A unit is destroyed
Add gold bounty of destructed building to variable.

If it's possible how would I store the gold bounty of a specific structure?

Level 12
That won't work if you have a randomized amount of bounty. If you want random bounty, you'll probably want to trigger it entirely instead of using the base game's bounty system.
Luckily it's based on the base bounty! thanks guys.

Also another quick question, can warcraft support a ton of triggers running all at once?
At what point does the game start getting laggy. I'm trying my best to reduce the amount of triggers that fire like for example every time something is built, or an ability is casted. Do I need to worry about that much or not?

Level 21
It depends a lot on the triggers. Usually small triggers that don't do much can be run in the hundreds.
For things like moving units the game can handle 200-300 units being moved 32 times per second, if that is the only thing it does.
But it can never be said for sure. Depends on the computer and the triggers.
Just keep things reasonable, clear all the leaks and it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.