• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bounty? Looking for help for Bounty in my Risk map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all!

I'm looking for a trigger to make bounty for my risk map, example would be in Risk Devolution you get 1/3rd (and can choose 1/4, 1/2, etc gold) bounty for kills.

Right now I have bounty set on the unit for when they are killed, but you get gold every kill and I had to make my cheapest units 5 gold to combat this problem.

Any ideas of how to do this? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Level 20
I think the easiest solution would be to manage all bounties by triggers.

Depending on the option you choose (1/2, 1/3 etc), you'd give gold to a player every time they kill an unit, and multiply the amount by 0.5, 0.33 or what not.

You also want to create a variable with an array to store the base bounty if every unit, then apply thr math.

I don't think there's an easy way to do it with the regular bounty system.

Last edited:
Level 9
Umm.. What exactly you want?

To trigger bounty you simple make a trigger with Event: A unit dies, Action: Add X to (Owner of killing unit) current gold. And you can use any math you want for the X.

Level 2
I believe Chaosium is on the right track. Something where you can get, for example, 1/3rd bounty for killing units. Risk Devolution is a perfect example of it. I'll have to figure out the array part and the correct trigger for this.

Its possible too I can be creative with triggers and do your method Sabe. Lot of creativity goes a long way in World Editor

Level 20
(Jesus I wrote absolute nonsense thanks to my phone)

I just thought about using Point value instead of arrays; it's an integer you can set directly in the object editor and has no purpose expect being a "custom value" number 2, and is shared among any given unit type, which is perfect for what you want.

Let's say a unit's point value is 10, you'd only have to add point value of the dying unit x 0.33 gold to the killing player [for instance]. I think it's easier than using arrays in this case :)

Status
Not open for further replies.