• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Trigger] Setting Custom Triggered Spell Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello! I'm working on some triggered custom spells and i've run into problem... or really just an inconvience. I'm making a channeling spell channel through a dummy unit, so the actual caster can continue acting without channeling the spell itself. I used Cloud, and each level of the effect has different values; lowers attack speed/movement speed by greater amounts per level.

Can the actual spell the dummy is casting be one spell with 4 levels?
- I want to know if it's possible.

Or do I need 4 copies of the spell, with only 1 level each?
- I can do it this way, but I want to know if there's a way without the hassle involved with having 4 spells.

Maybe I just don't know the action somthing like this is under? Or maybe it's not somthing I can do or should bother doing? I just want to clear up this question! Any feedback would be appreciated!

Level 6
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (damage + (25.00 x (Real((Level of your spell for (Triggering unit)))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
this finds the level of the ability of your spell and adds 25 each level to the damage you have set for level 1. but you will need to have your dummy unit to be able to increase the level of the spell

Status
Not open for further replies.