• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

set up the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi is there some mods for the editor that makes the coding(I will use jass) easier .And any startup tutorial for the new things in reforget .I see somewhere i can use lua .So what are the suggestions witch is more flexable .Any beginning tips will be welcome .(before i in old wc3 i make some maps with jass have some basic knowage ).

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Go to Scenario/Map Options/Script Language to choose your desired scripting language (jass/lua). You can only use one or the other so pick wisely. I recommend Lua but you may want to look into it some more.

For coding, don't use the Editor. Write your code in something like Visual Studio Code and transfer that to the map.

Lua:
Jass:

Here's some information regarding new additions.
Custom UI:
Modifying Ability fields (and other Object Editor data fields) via triggers:
Skins:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.