• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Servo Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Create Servo

In my RPG there's a class that creates little minions called Servos. The servo's health, damage and armor are based on the hero's own attributes - with strength granting health, agility granting armor, and intelligence granting damage.

EDIT: Forgot to amend the problem. I'm unable to modify servos health armor and damage. If anyone could shine a light on this issue that would be nice.

Overclock

There's a second trigger based on a skill that the class has. My intentions with this skill is that they cast it, then the servos will self destruct. The servos have kaboom, which does work (but does no damage). My intentions were to trigger the spell, add all servos that the casting player owned to the group then have each servo in the group cast Kaboom!

Attachments

• createservo.png
    createservo.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 64
  • overclock.png
    overclock.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Level 11
My intentions were to trigger the spell, add all servos that the casting player owned to the group then have each servo in the group cast Kaboom!
"Matching unit" is used ONLY in triggers like in set group = units in xxx area MATCHING conditions: blah blah
YOu need
Set ServoGroup = Units in Playble Map Area matching conditions:
Unit type of Matching unit equal Servo
Owner of Matching Unit eqaul Owner of Triggerring unit
then pick all units in ServoGroup and do action
Order picked unit to cast Kaboom
Destroy Servogroup.

Level 3
Owner of Matching Unit eqaul Owner of Triggerring unit
then pick all units in ServoGroup and do action

What about other players in the game, would this not conflict for them?

EDIT:
Destroy Servogroup.

And what if someone else wants to use the ability? Should I trigger-create another and close? Or is destroy a keyword that just clears the variable?

Last edited:
Level 11
What about other players in the game, would this not conflict for them?
This condition detects only units owned by owner of casting.
And what if someone else wants to use the ability? Should I trigger-create another and close? Or is destroy a keyword that just clears the variable?
The action "Set group" creates new variable, but it also must be destroyed after using (leak issue) by Custom Script: call DestroyGroup( udg_Servogroup ). Don't worry it wouldn't conflict with other players.

Level 3
Another thing is I don't want them to cast Neutral Kaboom! I've made my own that deals damage based on their max life.

Level 3
Can anyone help? I've tried the "damage in an area around triggering unit" but that doesn't seem to work either.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
1. For adding health / armor / damage you create abilities based on the item version (item damage bonus, ...) with 1/2/4/8/16/... bonus.
You then add the different abilities to your servos to get the bonus you want.
You cannot use levels on these abilities so you have to create an abilty for each value.

2. For the overclock ability you could create dummy units at the positions of the servos and let them cast fan of knives for example.
You could also pick all units near the servos and damage them.

Level 3
I don't like the idea of having to make an ability for each value. I was hoping it'd be something like the Mechromancer has 10 str, granting 30 HP. Which for the servo grants 6 instead of 3 for the Mechro. So the servo gets 60 hp, base being 1 so they'd have 61 HP. Whenever they would be overclocked, they'd deal their HP in damage in a 200 radius area around them. That was my plan. Is there no possible method to do it this way?

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
I attached a map with the hp bonus and the overclock ability implemented.
I made 13 hp abilities, so you can add up to 8191 hp to a servo.
I don't know of any other method to add a variable amount of hp to a unit.

Attachments

• Servo.w3x
    20.9 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.