• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Servers

Level 2
I will host the Open Beta 24/7 when it's released and I can get some friends to host a Download Only on every Gateway.

Level 4
Sharing: Open Beta

I may not have a fancy Signature, but rest assured, I will be able to do almost as much. I have Cable Conn, so as long as I'm not testing LoA myself, My computer will be hosting it. :D :D :D

Level 2
this is all good and all but it would also be nice if we knew where u were gonna host your games? plz let us know thx

Level 4
I'll be hosting 100% of my LoA games on Warcraft 3, The Frozen Throne's USEast (Azeroth) Server.

Until I am instructed by a Project Leader to host them somewhere else, this is where they shall stay.

Level 5
All team members play on europe...

But u can host were u like, maby the game may become more popular on another server, since euro server mostly play shitty games like GOD FOOTMANWARZ, and such..

Level 4
This could complicate things.

I know a game like this would take over USEast, and I have reason to assume LoA could take over the rest as well. :D

Here's my problem now:

Alowan, since I assume our save/load codes are going to be based on "our account", would I be able to make two accounts, one on USEast, and one on Europe, with the same name, and have their load codes work in unison?

Please reply! This is a big setback that I certainly don't want to have to be thinking about all day. :?

Level 4
Ahh well, there's no reason to get stressed about it.
Simple solution: When the Open Beta is released, I can try out my theory (2 accounts), and if it works, great, if it doesn't work, I'll just do my Beta Testing and Playing on Europe, and I'll serve on USEast, to get it circulated. :D :wink: :D

Level 2
The Save/Load Code

The save/load code won't check for your account. From the beginning it was meant to do so but we wanted to shorten the code as the old one sometimes could be so long that you didn't want to write it down. I myself never saved any LoA characters as i was too lazy the write down the code all the time.

The Code currently saves :

-Class
-Gold
-Lumber
-6 items
-Strenght
-Agility
-Intelligence
-Horde or Alliance

When you load a character it will be created in it's race starting area. For example the Human Wizard is revived in the human capital.

Level 4
Thankyou very much for this information, and I'm sorry about asking this question here.

I will try to be less careless in the future. :D

Level 2
kewl kewl so how could i get in contact with u guys? so i could get somebody to host the map? for me cause i would really love to play i have high expetations for this map n i would love to help in any way i possibly can

Level 4
As far as I know, the only way to contact the LoA Project Leaders is here on the forums. Later, they may release Contact Information on the Website.

If you want to serve the game, the Open beta will be starting approximately 2 weeks from the 28th of September (approximately 7 days from the 5th of October).

Once Open beta is released from their website, you may download it, and start serving it. Here's the current info on who will be serving on which server.

USEast: Akroma_LoA (DL Only), Nephtis (presumably DL Only)
USWest: Nephtis (presumably DL Only)
Europe: Akroma_LoA (DL, and Play), Nephtis (presumably DL and Play), Most, if not all team members and Project Leaders.
Asia: Nephtis (presumably DL Only

(I edited this post - the Months were incorrect)

Level 2
lol ok im confused with how u said when it will become open beta... lol... but i wanna play now! lol =P im so bored with all the other maps out there i need one to feed my expectations n possibly bring it to a higher lvl o_O well i guess ill keep in touch till open beta starts

Level 5
Ok, i will bring this a lil more on now, so anyone can start getting help at ther psytrist :lol:

Beta, "might" first come after the holyday which are from next friday and 1 week forward, but i can assure that the holyday will bring us a lot forward.

I will also so rather a working product than somthing sucky, so we would like to have some small tests before the open beta, more information will come later.

Those tests will be some games, that will focus on finding big bugs in diffrent stuff, like tarrain, quests, skills, and so on.

But as i said more information here later...

So far u need to prepare to wait another week for beta..

Level 4
Hey, about those "small tests"... Will you be choosing a few people who have been contributing to the Forums to participate in them with you, and your LoA Project Team? :D :D :D

Level 4
Alrighty - but if you decide to recruit me... :D (woot) :D Please read my recent thread before writing out times that I will need to be available.

Level 2
woot sounds like fun =) i cant wait jus keep me upto date on when it comes out =) ill be cheaking up on the forms all da time so no monkey biz :lol:

Level 4
LoA could still use some servers. Is anyone willing to sign up?

You don't need to agree to be a server all the time. Just let me add you to my "Current Servers" Post, if you plan to serve.

Thanks, everyone!

Level 4
When I say "Server", I mean someone who is willing to make a game (In WC3) Called "Lands of Archanor - DL ONLY", and just leave your computer idle for at least... 2 hours of the day... 3+ Days a week. Obviously, if you can be a "Server" for MORE than 2hr/3day, It'd be great! :D :D :D

I'm personally going to be serving about 9 hours per day on weekdays, and about 3 every Sunday when the Open Open Beta is released. As for the Before Open Beta, i'd be willing to serve if one of my fellow BOB Members needs the map, but that's assuming they can't simply get it from the LoA Website. :wink:

Level 2
oic that would be of no problem i would be glad to set up dl only somebody jus has to pass me a copy of da map lol

Level 4
Lol. Lately i've heard a lot of people tell me they can't host games. Practically 50% of the people I ask say they can't! Now, I am very appreciative that I can, and always have been able to host. :D

To those of you that can't, I can only imagine the pain you have to endure. Lol

Level 2
lol when i first got my router i couldnt host games either i was fed up wit it after like 5 mins =P so i went n fixed the prob went n talked to my linksys tech support n got it dun in a matter of like 5 mins so its all good n im glad i can host games cause i there r always thouse maps that u wanna play but u cant cause u cant host a game n hope that somebody is gonna make the game n that u can join lol n it never happens =P

Level 4
You can't host at all, Alowan??... Well. You can still put the LoA map on the Website, and in E-mails... :D

Besides, a lot of your current supporters CAN host, so it should all work out fine.

Level 2
soo is it out yet? lol i havent been on the pc lately cause my system crashed n gateway had to send me a new hard drive n stuff so whats up ?

Level 4
What's Up:

- BOB (Before Open Beta test) was announced.

- BOB was canceled

- Upcomming "testing" reconfigured by Alowan - He found some new models, and decided he wanted to put them in the map.

- Now, it's shaking between whether there will be a BOB or not. It's leaning towards "No".

- Alowan has given us: "soon" release date... what will be released on the release date is unknown, Lol. It may be the Beta Test itself, or BOB... In all probability, it will NOT be BOB.

That's about it...

Level 4
You guys had better hope you're able to release it soon.

WoW is released in 18 days, and once it comes out, you'll never see me on WC3 again. :( :wink: :(

Level 2

:evil: Back to the e-mail topic, i signed up VERY early like 11th and ive gotten nothing in my mailbox, just wondering if you have EVER realeased anything at all. :evil:

Level 2
ok ok ok so whats the word has the map come out yet? cause u know once wow is here not alot of ppl r gonna play as much so i hope u atleast release the map soon