1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Servers

Discussion in 'Lands of Archanor' started by Alowan, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Talk about hosting LoA, find good gamers, or tell when and were u host.

2. Nephtis

Nephtis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will host the Open Beta 24/7 when it's released and I can get some friends to host a Download Only on every Gateway.

3. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds NICE!

4. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sharing: Open Beta

I may not have a fancy Signature, but rest assured, I will be able to do almost as much. I have Cable Conn, so as long as I'm not testing LoA myself, My computer will be hosting it. :D :D :D

5. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice.. weeee now we got some hosters..

6. Shokon

Shokon

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is all good and all but it would also be nice if we knew where u were gonna host your games? plz let us know thx

7. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll be hosting 100% of my LoA games on Warcraft 3, The Frozen Throne's USEast (Azeroth) Server.

Until I am instructed by a Project Leader to host them somewhere else, this is where they shall stay.

8. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    All team members play on europe...

But u can host were u like, maby the game may become more popular on another server, since euro server mostly play shitty games like GOD FOOTMANWARZ, and such..

9. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    This could complicate things.

I know a game like this would take over USEast, and I have reason to assume LoA could take over the rest as well. :D

Here's my problem now:

Alowan, since I assume our save/load codes are going to be based on "our account", would I be able to make two accounts, one on USEast, and one on Europe, with the same name, and have their load codes work in unison?

Please reply! This is a big setback that I certainly don't want to have to be thinking about all day. :?

10. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont know about that... but i dont think it will be a problem.. But i will get sebbe to look at this since he made the save code..

11. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ahh well, there's no reason to get stressed about it.
    Simple solution: When the Open Beta is released, I can try out my theory (2 accounts), and if it works, great, if it doesn't work, I'll just do my Beta Testing and Playing on Europe, and I'll serve on USEast, to get it circulated. :D :wink: :D

12. Sneaky-Sebbe

Sneaky-Sebbe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Save/Load Code

The save/load code won't check for your account. From the beginning it was meant to do so but we wanted to shorten the code as the old one sometimes could be so long that you didn't want to write it down. I myself never saved any LoA characters as i was too lazy the write down the code all the time.

The Code currently saves :

-Class
    -Gold
    -Lumber
    -6 items
    -Strenght
    -Agility
    -Intelligence
    -Horde or Alliance

When you load a character it will be created in it's race starting area. For example the Human Wizard is revived in the human capital.

13. Sneaky-Sebbe

Sneaky-Sebbe

Resources:
    Resources:
    The code discussion should not be in the Servers thread so please post questions about this in the General Discussion thread.

14. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thankyou very much for this information, and I'm sorry about asking this question here.

I will try to be less careless in the future. :D

15. Shokon

Shokon

Resources:
    Resources:
    kewl kewl so how could i get in contact with u guys? so i could get somebody to host the map? for me cause i would really love to play i have high expetations for this map n i would love to help in any way i possibly can

16. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    As far as I know, the only way to contact the LoA Project Leaders is here on the forums. Later, they may release Contact Information on the Website.

If you want to serve the game, the Open beta will be starting approximately 2 weeks from the 28th of September (approximately 7 days from the 5th of October).

Once Open beta is released from their website, you may download it, and start serving it. Here's the current info on who will be serving on which server.

USEast: Akroma_LoA (DL Only), Nephtis (presumably DL Only)
    USWest: Nephtis (presumably DL Only)
    Europe: Akroma_LoA (DL, and Play), Nephtis (presumably DL and Play), Most, if not all team members and Project Leaders.
    Asia: Nephtis (presumably DL Only

(I edited this post - the Months were incorrect)

17. Shokon

Shokon

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol ok im confused with how u said when it will become open beta... lol... but i wanna play now! lol =P im so bored with all the other maps out there i need one to feed my expectations n possibly bring it to a higher lvl o_O well i guess ill keep in touch till open beta starts

18. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, i will bring this a lil more on now, so anyone can start getting help at ther psytrist :lol:

Beta, "might" first come after the holyday which are from next friday and 1 week forward, but i can assure that the holyday will bring us a lot forward.

I will also so rather a working product than somthing sucky, so we would like to have some small tests before the open beta, more information will come later.

Those tests will be some games, that will focus on finding big bugs in diffrent stuff, like tarrain, quests, skills, and so on.

But as i said more information here later...

So far u need to prepare to wait another week for beta..

19. Akroma_LoA

Akroma_LoA

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, about those "small tests"... Will you be choosing a few people who have been contributing to the Forums to participate in them with you, and your LoA Project Team? :D :D :D

20. Alowan

Alowan

Resources:
    Resources:
    that was my idea :lol:

but as i said more about that later..