• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Sentinel on a Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Where can I find the option to create a "Sentinel" on a destructible tree through triggers? Sentinel being the owls that give you vision, the ones the Huntresses can cast.

I don't want to order a unit to cast it. I simply want the Sentinel to already be on the tree as the game starts.

Level 20
I don't want to order a unit to cast it. I simply want the Sentinel to already be on the tree as the game starts.
Is there specific reason why you're avoiding the use of a unit to achieve this kind of mechanic easily?
Just curious, as you can't achieve that without mimicking the ability through scripting or just using a unit to simulate it perfectly.

Level 28
You probably have to have a unit cast it. You can use an invisible dummy unit to do it.
Doesn't have to. One can create a dummy unit using the owl (sentinel) model (its path is : Units\NightElf\Owl\Owl.mdl) and place it on the tree. Then, create a trigger that remove this dummy after the tree dies.
  • Create Sentinel
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Sentinel (Dummy) for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of Lordearon Summer Tree 0000 <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
      • Set Sentinel = (Last created unit)
  • Remove Sentinel
    • Events
      • Destructible - Lordearon Summer Tree 0000 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Kill Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.