• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Selling at a distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do hero taverns and shops sell stuff to players really far away or inside a region

Like my heros on one side of the map and i want a shop on the other side to be able to sell him stuff/units

Level 19
How about use triggers, like if the event is that you use an item/whatever on the shop, your item will be gone but you'll gain money.

Level 4
Ahh misunderstood, I want to have the shop sell to the hero not the other way around (basically i want the shop to have the hero "In Range" To buy somthing if hes in a certain region)

So the heros buying items/units and the shop is selling them

BTW: I dont wanna have to make an Invisible unit that cant be selected that buys everything then triggers the stuff to my hero (because that wont work for what im doing)

Level 33
Object Editor -> Abilities tab -> Edit tab -> Find -> Type "Select Hero" or "Select Unit" -> Modify the "Data - Activation Radius" field to suit you needs. This field value refers to AOE. If you set it to 10000, it will be activated 10000 AOE from the location of the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.