• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Select group as a batallion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
  • Select group as a batallion?[/b]
  • I want to know how I can make a group of units be selected as one unit but still fight individually. I know how I can allready do this but it would be very sloppy in game. How would you do it?

Last edited:
Level 18
I would detect when a unit from a "battalion" is selected and force all the units from the battalion to be selected as well. You could do this easily by just using a unit group.

Also, you asked this question in another thread. Don't post several times asking the same question.

Level 5
I've got an idea to do this!!!
Maybe you could have 1 unit as a captain or whatever of the battalion and the rest have the locust ability? The rest of the units in the battalion could be set to follow the captain.

Level 5
I'm trying to make it so you can only select 1 unit out of a group of any number of units. So if you selected a group of 5 you only get 1 icon in the bar that shows the units u have selected.

Level 1
Yeah, I was also searching for this. But WW:3 nuclear sunrises' system isn't the kind I would hope to find. As they don't seem to fight as individuals.

Level 18
If you don't want the others to be selectable then you'll probably have to play around with Locust and Chaos. Take a look at the WarCraft III: Ability Guide from my signature. Oh, wait, wc3c.net is down.

Level 3
I'd have to agree with Berb, try messing around with locust/Chaos abillity. But to be honest can't you just make a trigger basically saying that unit is locked on to follow the Captain and when engaged in combat they seperate. Or if you want to be abit fancy trying making Abillity buttons for Formations EG: Roman Box formation, Spear wall.
Ill mess about with the abillities and stuff and ill let you know if anything is worth taking as a suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.