• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Create second set of trainable units for building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Id rather do this than make another building and need more triggers so could you tell me how I do this?

Another question I had in a separate post is how could I put a group of units into a battalion after they are trained? if a building trains 10 units at a time how can I make them fight individually but be selected as one?

Level 18
Well you could make it so that the building upgrades into a different building, with a different set of trainable units. Then allow the secondary structure to upgrade into the first one, so you can transform the structures back and forth.

if a building trains 10 units at a time how can I make them fight individually but be selected as one?

This would require a lot of triggering. You would have to detect when any of the units is selected and then force them all to be added to the selection.

Level 11
You can have a unit with an building model and no movement or attacks enabled and therefrom you can add abilities like train footman and when the unit casts that "spell" a floating text will appear on the building like estatimed left of the unit that will be createn. And here's the whole solution; you can add the ability "spellbook" that allows you to go from an "page" to another. You get what i mean i hopes xD

Status
Not open for further replies.