• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching Radar System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I have been seacrhing around the site and the web to find a rader system, I know I have seen one somewhere, just cant find it. By that i am thinking of a system which changes minimap insto radar or something..... so it isnt a minimap but works as radar.
Needing it for an idea to my little campaign, but if I cant find it I will jsut lower my idea hehe.
Hope there is someone out there who knows where it is.

Level 35
~ Thread moved to Requests.

Thanks... didnt meant it as a reguest, but hmm ye it is more like that.

You could just set it up so the minimap appears black by changing the minimap image. Then make it so every 5 seconds or so the game pings where a player is.

Yes i could make it black. Hmm and then a trigger pinging enemy...
Problem: Is there a way to make player always be in center of minimap? If not I just make him unmoveable, and place him in center.
Anyway Thanks

Level 16
Its not possible, BUT you could make a Function, wich is looking for units in Range of something and give a ping on the minimap in an simliar position of your unit... Well example: map 90x90 (i dont want to hear somthing like "what kind of distances do you use?!") and you are looking for every unit in range of nine meters. If An Enemy has been found (Position 2x4) you'll get a ping on the minimap (Minimap 20x40)... dunno if someone understands, what im talking about, but if you know, what i mean im happy with it.

*thinking loud* "Hell something is wrong with me..."

Level 13
Yea Rizz_Boomer that would work. It would take a little math though. You would have to set it up to find units within a certain range of the player and ping them on the minimap by finding the relative distance. As for the circle in the middle of the minimap, you could just make the minimap have a circle on it instead of just being completely black.

Edit: This would work. The only downside is it pings the location of the footmen too. To fix that just add a function between Unit Group- Pick every Unit in... and Pick Every Unit in Ping that says Remove Footman 000 from ping.
  • Ping Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 5000.00 of (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Ping)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Ping and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (Distance between (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) and (Position of (Picked unit))) towards (Angle from (Position of Footman 0000 <gen>) to (Position of (Picked unit))) degrees) for 1.00 seconds

Last edited:
Level 35
Ya that was something like that I had in mind when you said ping. But that black minimap with the cirkle (something in middle) what image in interface should I replace with it? Course tryid out nearly everyone of them with some pretty wierd effects, just not the right one.. One of them turned all screen black, and other made ping turn screen red and blue... :|
But could you take a pic of where I should replace it?

Level 13
Dont fret Red Baron. If no-one knows how I'll find the solution for you :smile:. I dont have time at the moment, but I know of some maps that have an image for a minimap. (Shopping Maul, Mario Party) If it comes down to it we could unprotect one of those maps and figure out how it was done. -That is, if we cant find the original author.

Level 13
And the search for the holy grail begins. I'll try to dig it up, although I'll admit. I've never seen a tutorial for it before. It's very likely that the file just needs to be imported with a certain name. Although, I cant seem to figure it out (seeing as its case sensitive it could be nearly impossible to guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.