• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Radar Detect and Lost System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
i want a system, that pings the minimap with a red warning ping and with a upkeep sound, it also shows the ping and sound to friendly team of the detecting unit,

radar range is set up in a variable
visibility is well, if the unit is visible to that player or not. (not fogged or black masked or invisible.)

if there is an enemy coming within a unit's 'radar range' AND 'Visibility', PING and Sound it, and give text message to the detecting player and player's allies.

there is many type of units, each unit has diffrent radar range, and diffrent visibility,

it only pings when the coming target into the radar is a HERO.

and when that hero goes out of radar range + 250, and is not visible anymore to the players, the hero that goes out of range will be pinged once with a green ping, with a message "Target Lost" for the detecting players and player allies.

well, in GUI please :D

thx.

Level 3
Well if i understood right what you want, this should be it, but i don't know how to make it ping when he leaves those 250...
Anyway, here is the target acquired part.

• Unit Acquired
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within X of "Radar" 0000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play UpkeepRing <gen>
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for PlayerTeam1 at (Position of (Triggering unit)) for 2.00 seconds, using a Warning ping of color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%)
      • Game - Display to PlayerTeam1 the text: (Target acquired + (Name of (Triggering unit)))
And you will need this on Map initialization...
  • Set PlayerTeam1 (or how ever you want) = (All allies of Player X )

Status
Not open for further replies.