• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching for base ability, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I need an ability to base my spell on.
I need a base ability from original Wc abils. I can't use "channel", it won't work for some reasons.

Requirements.
0. The ability belongs to original WC abils.
1. The ability doesn't change caster's facing.
2. Targets allowed - all: ground, units, etc
3. (not strict) The ability doesn't stop the caster .

The last requirement is not obligatory.

So far the only ability that fits is "Reveal" (and some of its clones), found in human arcane towers and in goblin lab.
Unfortunately, casters cannot have more than 1 ability based on Reveal, otherwise one overrides the other. I already have another skill based on it :(

Edit: Targets allowed must be all - including ground, units etc.

Last edited:
Tell me what you want to do; Targets allowed for abilities like the ones I've mentioned above can be adjusted by triggers. Just pick every nearby unit within a range of X and make the actions you want.
  • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of Point1) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • ----- Actions here -----
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
Do you want it to target the ground?

Level 5
Ok, it's in soccer map, the ability is called Long Pass.

How it works:
You press C, then choose a target point (ground, unit etc), press left-mouse button. The ball moves to the target point (by jass).
In other words, this ability triggers a trigger which makes the ball you obtained move to target point.

Level 8
What about using the undead ability LOCUST SWARM? it doesnt stop the caster, targets are all (ground and air targets) and it doesn't change the casters facing.

Level 5
Hmm, there is some sort of misunderstanding about targets.
Here's what I want with targets: when ability hotkey is pressed, the user can choose what target it will be, by left clicking on anywhere (ground, minimap, etc).
Same as how you choose your attack location in Attack Move (A).
Same as when you choose your target with Reveal or Far Sight - you can click anywhere, and it will work.

You can't target locust swarm with your mouse. I think its "Targets allowed" field probably just says what kind of units the locust will affect (air, enemy).

Status
Not open for further replies.