• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Searching an experienced terrainer for my Diablo III Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Im very skilled at terrain, but working on another map at the moment. Dont you think cloudwolf and his team created 1 of the best Diablo maps already?, there for it would hard to replicate it or do better.

Level 5
im just saying, it will be hard to recreate another Diablo map, with such high expectations. Dont see the point of completly redoing another 1

Level 8
-.-
Why can't there be 2 or more different Diablo 3 games in case they play different anyway? Try out my testmap if you don't believe it. The current Diablo 3 map by Cloudwolf and his team is great but it has certain flaws that I cannot "accept". It is slow paced and has a rather boring battle system I think. As it looks they're redoing the map more or less entirely, no idea how it'll play then, but that doesn't matter at all. I have my own ideas that didn't fit into their current map at all.
And at the moment I think the only real "high expectations" come from the great terrain. Personally none of the other things, may it be spells, creeps, bosses, items and their inventory system really impressed me at all.

Whatever, everyone was telling me your point already and everyone will continue doing so since it's a half valid reason ;p

Still I need a terrainer. I don't want to exceed Clouds terrain at all, I just want s.th. decent ^.^
And it would take myself forever to do so.

Level 5
Yea terrain takes forever, I could help some if needed though, I can keep up with the skill level in cloudwolfs terrain too but depends on the overall terrain you want.

Level 8
The more projects the better. They also have another project going on on Wc3c.net which is very promising.

Yeah you got my point, unless the maps have everything in common multiple projects won't hurt anyone.

@fotie
In case you're really interested it would be great if you could create like one or two dungeon areas at the beginning. Best with some steep cliffs around, just as in the Gameplay Trailer.
I can give you a map that was optimized by Vexorians Optimizer before, so that all triggers are removed and it loads faster and you needn't use NewGen Editor. I'll Attach it right here. I still recommend NewGen for more Tileset variety. I guess you know about the misc-data cliff stuff.

You can choose the tile-sets, doodads and the complete terrain as you like and think it'll be the best (ah and erase the current terrain. You also may important a lot stuff, but shouldn't be more than 1MB if possible^^

However there are some requirements of course. The paths shouldn't be too small, there should be some areas that suit for creep spawning and areas that shouldn't be reached by the units, like the bottom of the cliffs e.g., should use the same tilesets. So I can make that tileset unwalkable with NewGen UMSWE later on. That only applies for huge areas, small ones can be filled with path blockers of course.
And at last it would be nice if the terrain wasn't too crowded with doodads because that decreases the performance quite a bit.

But as a good terrainer I guess you know almost everything mentioned^^

Edit: And thanks in advance in case you gonna do a bit for me :D

Attachments

• Diablo III Terrain.w3x
    923.7 KB · Views: 80
Level 14
Alright, I'd like to join. Here's an example of what I can do.

64520d1251578024-playable-terrain-thingy-swamp-thingy.jpg

Level 8
Awesome =)
So may you create the first dungeon area for the map? Best s.th. with a gate near the starting point.
Here's your reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK79i8hxmQU
Just get the basic idea out of it^^

More information can be found in my post above.
So it would probably be the best if you created a start area and I can give my opinions and suggestions on it, because it has to fit the gameplay etc.
But telling that without a basic is hard.

Guess from now on we can talk in the actual map thread, p.m. or the hive chat :)

Level 14
Awesome =)
So may you create the first dungeon area for the map? Best s.th. with a gate near the starting point.
Here's your reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK79i8hxmQU
Just get the basic idea out of it^^

More information can be found in my post above.
So it would probably be the best if you created a start area and I can give my opinions and suggestions on it, because it has to fit the gameplay etc.
But telling that without a basic is hard.

Guess from now on we can talk in the actual map thread, p.m. or the hive chat :)

Sure, sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.