• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scorpion Trap trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've mane this soft patch of dirt in the middle of a rocky waste land for my orc RPG, i made the scorpions Burrow and i made a trigger where when a unit enters the region, then the 4 scorpions will unburrow and attack you. But for some reason they wont unburrow, ive made it so when unit enters region i specificly tell every scorpion to unburrow but they just wont!

then i tried a different approch, i made a shiny thing in the middle, designed to look like a shiny rock, when you take it the scorpions unburrow and attack you. but again for some reason they just don't!

what the hell is with this, why are the scorpions malfunctioning, i gave them the burrow/unburrow ability, i set up a straight forward trigger but what? is it leaking, not working or am i just doing something worng here? please help me!!!

Level 14
Go to your trigger, right-click on the trigger name in the functions-window and select "Copy
as Text".
Then u reply here [.Trigger] "STRG + V (paste) your Trigger " [/Trig.ger]. Dont write the points its, only that u can see it =)

x3m

x3m

Level 3
This might help.

When you say that you gave them the borrow-ability. Did you also grant them the "upgrade". The way I think you messed up is that you gave them the ability in the "objekt editor" right?, and not also in "upgrade properties"? After you done that. Just try again. I tried this and it worked just fine.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters yourRegion <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Paladin 0000 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Order (Units in yourRegion <gen>) to Undead Crypt Fiend - Unburrow

Level 6
Heres the trigger

this is to make the scorpions burrow at the begining of the game
  • Events
    • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Scorpion Tank 0430 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Burrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0434 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Burrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0436 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Burrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0435 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Burrow
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
this is supposed to trigger it
  • Events
    • Unit - Orc Hero 0308 <gen> Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Shiny thing 0437 <gen>
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order Scorpion Tank 0430 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Unburrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0434 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Unburrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0436 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Unburrow
    • Unit - Order Scorpion stinger 0435 <gen> to Undead Crypt Fiend - Unburrow
for some reason they can burrow but they just dont unburrow, i gave them the neutral hostle burrow because if it is the crypt feind unburrow ability, it makes them look like spiders for split second before turning into giant scorpions

Level 6
this thing is not working, i give up, there will be no scorpion trap in my RPG! now my RPG is slightly less cool than it could be, anyway my map should be out with in a few days, just look up Orc RPG.

terrain is 100%
creep emplacments is 100% finished
items is 60%
quests is 50%
right now there are 18 quests, soon to be alot more

i think you guys will like it

Level 14
The only thing u have to do, is to create 2 Abilities of Type "neutral enemy - Burrow", thats the creep-ability, the scorpions already have in the campaign.

Change the "Data - Standart form" (dont know if these are the correct words^^) into the unit you want to see after it unburrowed.

The only thing is, u have to give the creeps to a player from 1 to 12, not neutral , and it works all fine.

Here, check out the new map, i added 2 Unit Types, and changed the abilities. U can just copy this and change the Standart forms to your units.
(also it doesent leak i included variables for the unit groups =))
MAP

Status
Not open for further replies.