• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Scaling Value Larger than 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey!
I'm working on a map with the size of 256x256 and the main part of the map is a town that takes up a large portion of the map and it is in the shape of a circle. After about an hour or two of using some geometric math and finding just how big I want it to be and where the diameter would be in (8 places) I decided to quit and just to upsize a circle of power to base the circle shape of it because it would much simpler than trying to freehand the gaps of those 8 points....

Again the town is pretty large and circle-shaped and I just want to increase the Circle of Power to a larger size than 10.0 because it isn't even close to the right size at that point and I would use it to place the walls of my city

If I wasn't clear enough just ask me or if there is an alternative method I would like to hear that as well.

Thanks for the help!

Also I included my map if you are really curious/confused with what I'm talking about

I also did search the forums to see if there was anyone else that asked about this and only found this old thread from 2010 that wasn't very specific and didn't work for me to SHIFT + click:
How to get a bigger scale?

Attachments

• New Map Concept.w3x
    91.1 KB · Views: 27
Level 7
Hold shift when double clicking the field in the object editor. This will allow you to bypass most limits in the editor.

Thanks Kaijyuu that worked perfectly,

also on closer inspection of the circle of power I am kind of doubting my method because the circle of power is just a 12-sided figure... Lol... Do you have any other suggestions for making a city (circle-shaped that is pretty massive besides my method?

Level 11
Well your circle of power method should give you a rough idea, and you can just smooth out the edges manually. I don't think it needs to be an absolutely perfect circle after all.

EDIT: you can also rotate the circle of power (make sure it's not a building, select it in the editor, hold control, and click in the direction you want it to face). Mark the 12 points at the start, rotate it a tiny bit, mark the new 12 points, rotate, etc, and you'll get a nice circle. Works just like a compass (the drawing tool, not the direction tool).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.