• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Need Info] SC2 editor low fps and freezing when placing units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
SC2 game itself works fine but editor just works very slow and freezes when placing units and doodads etc. Generally editor freezes if I move mouse and freeze ends when I stop moving mouse.

When I tried editor last time it worked fine, but now it doesnt work well after reinstalling.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try deleting the "StarCraft II" folder under my documents. It might be you have some how set one of the editor frame limits to a very low value so it can no longer render smoothly. It could also be that you have insufficient memory for the editor (which uses more than the game).

Level 7
The fps is normal if i dont move mouse in editor, but as long as I move mouse (not dragging the mouse) the fps drops to zero, also the the windows mouse cursor is flickering on top of the editor mouse cursor.

Level 7
I tried 11.4 amd drivers because someone fixed the issue with those but for me i couldnt even get it working because the installation had some error. And latest beta drivers didnt help at all.

Editor worked fine last time I tried with this same computer so hardware itself is not problem.

Windows 7 64 bit

Level 7
The editor freezes when I move mouse, and I dont even have overview manager open or cinematic editor.

Clean driver installation doesnt help.

Level 7
Alright, this is pretty comical. It is something I have been observing for a while now in my own editor.

try this:

Go into your control panel, and get into your mouse cursor options. In your mouse cursor options; ENABLE a mouse tail on your mouse.

Go back into your editor and be amazed that something so stupid was causing your lag problem.

Level 7
uhhh; I guess? My mouse auto changes back to "no tail" pretty frequently too (daily at least) and when it happens; my editor lags like hell and drops FPS from 200 to quite literally 0. When I move the mouse and I do not have a tail; the entire screen will freeze until I stop moving the mouse. I go back and enable the tail; and my FPS is back at 200 while moving the mouse, dragging units, painting terrain, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.