• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map freezing/crashing while loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm coming across this really weird issue. Basically, when i try to test my map, it loads until it hits about 95%, then it will either freeze there until I end process sc2 or it crashes to desktop.

I can fix the issue by removing one ability from one of my units: the ability "Ultralisk Cavern - Advanced Research (Unique)" from the unit "Ultralisk Cavern". However, if I try to make any new ability and give one of my units that ability, I get the same freeze/crash error again. This will happen if I remove the Ultralisk Cavern Advanced Research ability or not. Moreover, the map will also screw up if I add certain pre-existing abilities to units but not others. For example, it will crash if I add Baneling Explode to a unit but not if I add Rally.

I had my friend try to test it and the situation doesn't change with him. I've tried testing and loading a brand new map and it works fine, including if I add new/pre-existing abilities to units.

I am completely clueless as to what is going on here. If anyone has any ideas I welcome any input. I've attached the map file in its working state. To replicate the bug with the file, just open up the unit "Ultralisk Cavern" and add the ability "Ultralisk Cavern - Advanced Research (Unique)".

Attachments

• No Man's Land_BUILD.SC2Map
    157.5 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.