• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SC2 Editor is not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When ever i try to get on the SC2 Editor that message popped up so i reinstalled it and it worked then i got the message after i clossed out of it is there a way to not have to reinstall it or am i the only one with this issue?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Only one with the issue (this issue is rare or unique). Editor works perfectly for me and most people.

Mentioning what the message said might be helpful, as we could atleast work out a cause.

It is meant to work so that initially you are displayed a liscence agreement to follow (aka own beta key etc...) and then it loads a default blank map. After the first time, it should start by loading the default blank map. In later patches or on release, the editor should also start by double clicking a SC2 map.

Errors given might be hardware related or caused by data curroption etc. We will need to know the errors inorder to help you more.

Level 4
Knowing how the game is still in beta, you should be mentioning this on beta forums as an official bug. Reporting the bug now will help people when the game is released. It's what you signed up for when you did the beta.

Level 4
You will probably be told to reinstall the beta anyways though. So I would do that. On the bright side, if you save the updates in your sc2 directory, you can just move them back once it is installed again and won't need to download anymore updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.