• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] SC2 Char Style Melee Map in WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, LordHatchet95 here, and I have some doubts about some issues around my map.

• First of all, the tech-three:

I used an improvised SC1-2 terran tech tree with the basics:
  • Command Center-> SCV
  • From SCV:
    • Command Center
    • Barracks ->Marine, Marauder
    • Supply Depot
    • Engineering Bay [Unlocks] Missile Turret, Bunker (marines only)
    • Missile Turret
    • Bunker
    • Academy [Unlocks] Marauder, Factory
    • Factory -> Vulture, Goliath, Siege Tank [Unlocks] Armory, Starport
    • Starport -> Viking, Battlecruiser
    • Armory
No Refinery, because I have no idea how to implement it...
No medivacs/dropships, because I lack the proper model
Starport using "Workshop" model because I lack the proper model, yet again

• Now, the lava
  • Lava raises every 1:45 minutes and lowers every 1:15 minutes, that fast just to ensure it works...
  • Lava models dissapear ingame if focusing the camera a certain distance and angle far away of them, even being within sight (testing the map you'll see what I meant)

Short version, the issues I have is lack of models, lack of proper tech tree making... also the lava tides aren't as smooth as I wanted because I'm using "negative height" for lava models located at 4 quadrants that together can cover the whole map. And also an issue I have is making functional "refineries", so in the meantime I left the minerals as "gold" and geysers (custom ones made with multiple props) as trees... Also the lava models dissapear on certain camera positions...

I already credited to all the ppl I had to in the quest log, so if any credit goes missing, be sure to check there.

I'll leave the map here uploaded, feel free to test and tell, any little feedback will help me and this tiny project I have as a hobby. Also any idea on how to improve the map, such as implement Zergs and Protoss, improving lava mechanics, and changing how terran buildings SHOULD work will help me a lot. The thing is "how?", and there's where after a long while I came short of solutions.

SC2 Volcanic Template v3.5.w3x

Thanks for the support! :ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• SC2 Volcanic Template v3.5.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.