• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] SC@ conditions check problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
The main problem with this trigger is that apparently the check if the "point is in region == true" doesnt work. I even tried checking if the X and Y coordinates of the point are within the bounds of the region's bottom left and top right XY coordinate points. But no avail.
2nvvwx1.jpg

I have seen it work properly in some old beta video tutorials. Primarily this one: http://youtu.be/xVCMHjE998k?t=7m46s

EDIT: I used "mouse click position in the UI" instead of the "mouseclick position in the world". I guess it's an outdated tutorial.
Someone mark it as solved, since I can't.

Last edited:
Level 15
This was likely generating a point that was not in the region seeing how the UI uses a completely different coordinate system from the play field.

Yes, only then i noticed that the coordinates were expressed in integers and not reals. UI coordinates are pretty much positions of particular pixels, if i remembered to click in the top right corner the problem would become obvious since coords would be 1920,1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.